Reload this Page >

Need help with London Hotel Choices!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Teddie

Message: I know there have been many recent posts on this topic, but I could use some help--we're visiting London for 4 nights in January, and would like a budget/tourist rate hotel for 3 that includes Eng. breakfast & ensuite facilities; I would like my family to experience the smaller British hotel, but don't want to spend a huge amt of time commuting to the sites Location is important to avoid lots of travel time while there... has anyone stayed recently at the Hart House, Crescent or Adelphi? Any other ideas?<BR>Thanks for any help<BR><BR>

Old Dec 9th, 2001, 09:00 PM
gary

I stayed in April at the Berjaya Eden Park Hotel in Bayswater, one block to Hyde Park and one block to the Bayswater tube station. It was recently renovated. The rooms are small (as are most london rooms), they had excellent breakfast buffet and also onsite restaurant although many other excelent restuarants in the area. I just checked their website (http://www.berjayaresorts.com.my/)<BR>their rates posted are excellent but may be negotiable. I bargained and got an even better rate, depends on occupancy.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 04:40 AM
quincy

Morgan Hotel in Bloomsbury will be good for what you are looking for. Located on Bloomsbury street right next to British Musuem, easy access to all important sights. Nice rooms, good breakfast, great owners. About 80 pounds or so double I think. Check it out. It is listed in several guide books but I do not think they have a web site yet. VERY popular you must book ahead

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 05:04 AM
Mel

The Adelphi is exactly what you listed: Small, boutique-style British hotel. The rooms are small (as everywhere), but well laid out and the breakfast is quite good. Small, nice bar off the lobby. Best part is it's location--around the corner from the Gloucester Road tube stop in South Ken. <BR>Have a great trip!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 01:29 PM
carolyn

We stayed at the Adelphi in September, and I second Mel's recommendation. It's very convenient, and our rate included VAT and full breakfast. We went on with our trip to see more of the U.K. after 9/11, but our daughter, who had gone with us for just a few days in London, had to stay over until she could get a flight home. The hotel staff was wonderful to her.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 03:22 PM
kamk

Although you don't give a budget amount, look at the London Elizabeth near Lancaster Gate. Just across from the park, small and thoughtful service. Head and shoulders above other small ones in the same area.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Betsy

If the Adelphi suits your budget, I'd stay there, the neighborhood is great. Bloomsbury has many hotels and is known as a good area. I've stayed in both and prefer South Ken. Bloomsbury's fine, I just like the South Kennsington neighborhood better, its cozier.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 05:55 PM
Teddie

Thanks, everyone, for your responses..I found that our choices were narrowed a bit because my husband is a smoker,and the Morgan (first choice) was a bit too high for us.. We finally booked at the Hart House Hotel, which is a bit of a walk to the Underground stops (either Baker St or Marble Arch), but sounds very nice, and seems well-run...thanks again!