A month in Sweden/Norway

May 26th, 1999, 06:53 AM
Cesar

A month in Sweden/Norway

Hi. I'll be spending a month in Sweden and am looking for suggestions on places to go and things to do.
In particular, I am wondering what the nightlife is like in Stockholm.
Should I bother going to the other Scandinavian countries as well?
I might go to Kristiansand, Norway.
Thanks -- CB

May 27th, 1999, 03:31 AM
Kaja

You should defenetly go to Norway. I would rather go to Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, Lillehammer or Tromsø instead of Kristiansand. Kristiansand is not a very exciting city to visit. Take a look at my earlier posting called Norway. It has a lot of links to Norway.

May 27th, 1999, 11:19 AM
Mark Hinckley

There is a daily train overnight from Stockholm to Trondheim, Norway. Trondheim is a beautiful and fascinating city, with friendly people (almost all Norwegians are more outgoing than the average Swede, who is often somewhat distant, if always courteous).
You could leave Stockholm on the first day, arrive in Trondheim the morning of day 2, spend two nights in a hotel (there's one there called the Britannia that's quite good and well-located), board the sleeping car back to Stockholm on the evening ofday 4, and be back in Stockholm the morning of day 5. Tronfheim, being a university town, has better nightlife than most cities its size. English is Very Very Widely Spoken, so language ought not be a problem.

Jun 3rd, 1999, 12:33 AM
Marko

In case you stay in Stockholm, I warmly recommend you take an overnight ferry to Turku (Åbo) or Helsinki (Helsingfors) in Finland and stay a day or two. You won't regret it; check out the archipelago in between!

Jun 3rd, 1999, 02:19 AM
David

I must endorse Kaja's comments. If you do get the overnight from Stockholw to Trondeim, then its a great trip to work your way down the west coast thru Alesund....the trolls road, Bergen the across to Oslo...you would not regret it.