Search

A 2nd Base near Ötztal Valley?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2023, 10:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A 2nd Base near Ötztal Valley?

Hello!

On the 20th of September we going to travel with 2 toddlers (ages 2 and 4) to Austria (that would be our 4th visit, but our first with toddlers!).
Our previous trips were very hiking oriented. We had a change to visit the Stubital valley, Mayrophen Area, Seefeld and the Salzkammergut area. This need to be a more kids focused-trip.
The plan for this time, is to spend 4 days in the Otztal valley (we are not sure if we will stay in Oetz or Soleden), and another 4 days "somewhere" else. I'm looking for recommendation. West to Ortzal, there's Fiss/Serfaus. I'm not how good is it for Kids. Another option is to drive 2 hours to Kitzbuhel. Ehrwald\Achnesse Lake is another option.What do you think? Is there better option I didn't think about? or one of the options I mentioned is a good choice?

Thank you!
Old Jun 9th, 2023, 08:27 AM

IMO Soelden would be the much better choice than Oetz.
Soelden has tons of hiking trails and 5 gondolas (going up to glaciers) running until October 4th.
Serfaus-Fiss-Ladis is particularly kids-friendly https://www.serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en
There, the gondoals run until October 22nd.

Another gem in the area would be Scuol in Switzerland (with thermal spa, castle, 2 gondolas and many post bus lines into small unspoilt valleys.

Last edited by neckervd; Jun 9th, 2023 at 08:31 AM.
Old Jun 10th, 2023, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you neckervd.

Originally Posted by neckervd
IMO Soelden
I'm worried that Soelden might be a bit too much because it's a Ski village? Like, everywhere you look there's lift cables. For example, we enjoyed Mayrophen, but Hintertux, the village exactly below the Ski area felt very industrial and less like "Village in the Alps".
What makes Fiss-LSerfaus-Ladis particular kids-friendly compared to other valleys in the area? Like - Hog Adventure Park looks great, but anything in particular?

Scuol sounds like an interesting idea! I will check it out!