Reload this Page >

78 Uses for a Bidet

Search

78 Uses for a Bidet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:24 PM
sandi

78 Uses for a Bidet

I have travelled the world over, and the one universal thing that one sees in hotels in Asia, Europe, and Africa is a bidet. Now why don't we have these things...are we the dirtiest people or what. My husband uses it to cool his wine and wash his socks. Why do other countries think it is so important, or what, Because they don't like a total shower, or just have sex more than we do, or sweat more that we do or what. I NEED to know;

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:29 PM
what?

I would never drink his wine. Did he sterilize it first?

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:23 PM
clean

Cooling wine in a bidet, the same bidet you wash your socks, yucky! <BR>WHy do you cool wine in a bidet? Just curious.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:00 PM
just

I've used the bidet to soak my feet after a hard day of walking around in Europe--LOL

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:28 PM
sandi

First you fill the basin with ice, then immerse the wine bottle, taking care to leave neck and cork out of ice, in the bidet. A proper bidet can also hold a can or two of pop. By the way, if it's as germy as all that, then I don't think we should use it for any purpose. PS, if you are renting abroad, as we have done, also makes a good planter (easy to water) for ferns, and other houseplants.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:42 PM
Holly

Yeah, that's the first thing I do when I rent abroad, is go out and buy a fern to plant in the bidet. Thought I was alone in this practice. Thanks for letting me know I'm not a freak!

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:45 PM
YS

Bidet is just a bathtub for small people and kids...

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 02:53 AM
Go Search

Been there, done that. Do a search on bidets.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 06:19 AM
european

we put that "thing" named bidet, in toillets, in order to make you all think !!! maybe itīs a conspiracy against americans !!! or maybe itīs to wash european "parts" after sex, or to wash european feet after a day walking, to remove that aromatic smell, of converse shoes ( md in U.S of A.)

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:11 AM
Serena

Common guys, everyone knows what that thing is for...it's to wash up, when you are too lazy to shower, that is, to wash certain things that may have gotten dusty whilst travelling (or mouldy, or diseased, or otherwise not nice stuff). And the French invented it, due to a lack of soap on the homefront during the war, and the activities of the armed forces, who were out in 'force' looking for some fun. They take less water than a shower, and, after all, 'the rest of me didn't get dirty'.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 09:54 AM
clean butt

I don't understand this constant reference to people being "too lazy to take a whole shower". What I'd like to know is: how many of you shower after every dump? I shower at least once a day, but also enjoy have a clean, fresh-smelling butt all day long. Is that so weird? <BR>

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 10:39 AM
Sniff N. See

I get used to hopping over to the bidet when I am in Europe. It is a great invention to keep you squeaky clean.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 10:55 AM
Mike

I'm not sure what a Bidet is? <BR> <BR>Ii it not one of those water fountains in European bathrooms that are at the height for children? My kids just love taking a drink from there whenever we are in Europe.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 10:56 AM
mike

Sorry, can't type. <BR> <BR>Make that "Is it one of those European..."

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:41 PM
party guy

I use the bidet as a punchbowl for when I throw wild parties in my hotel room. Gives the punch a certain "je ne sais quoi."

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 03:01 PM
mirabet

Yup! a bidet was invented for and by the French who do not like to get very wet, and only wash when absolutely necessary. The rest of us wash ALL OVER. Have you ever been in a French museum or at a park, or crowded space on a warm afternoon....Yikes, is that why they call France the 'arm pit' of the world.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 04:54 PM
nancy

My friend discovered it is a great place to shave one's legs; <BR>Prop foot up on bidet, there is a ready source of water, making this an easier task in a small Italian bathroom <BR>

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 04:58 PM
StCirq

After a long day of treading on cobblestones, fill bidet with ice cubes. Haul stool or chair into bathroom along with journal or book. Place both feet in bidet and soak for at least half an hour. Drink a glass of good local wine while doing so. Travel recoop.

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 05:27 PM
Carol

That's why Americans never get rid of the "baby wipes," even once the kids are grown!

Old Feb 8th, 2002, 01:54 PM

rinsing this oldie from the bottom, upwards - - er, so to speak...<BR>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -