7 days trip in North Italy

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 12:44 PM
Dmitry Berdichevsky

7 days trip in North Italy

I would like to spend 7 days in north Italy.
august 28 - september 5
I'm thinking to go :
Dolomites - 2 days
Venice - 2 days
Verona and Lago di Garda - 1 day
Liguria (Cinque Terre) - 1 day
Milan, Valle d'Aosta 1.5 days

What do you think? Any specific ideas?
My interst is nature and nice old towns.
May be someone can outline whole trip ???
I did not do any lodging reservation. Any tips ?

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 12:53 PM
dimi

Hi Dmitry: I like Dolomites, Venice, Verona and Cinque Terre, but Milan. No way! If you like nature, stay away from that congested drab city and go to the lake region again. Otherwise, I like it. Caio - Dimi

Old Aug 4th, 1998, 07:10 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Hello Dmitry, You have a good start but are trying to do too much for 7 days. Do the first 3 and then
wind up at Como---forget Milan, and the CT is too
far for you----and then fly out of Malpensa.
You can also combine Garda, the Dolomites, and
Verona by staying at a single location. That would
be either Riva or Malcesine on Garda. Good luck.

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 08:58 AM
kris

You can easily skip Milan and not be sorry. we were there for a day and were bored. Venice is fabulous. You can take a short ferry ride from Venice to the isle of Murano if you want to see how they make blown glass. San Marco square is wonderful. Be careful of the ferry operators. Quite frequently they gave us the "wrong change".

Old Aug 5th, 1998, 09:09 AM
kam

I think it's too much moving around. Forget trying to see the Cinque Terre in 1 day and there's not much to see in Milan, either. Milan was heavily bombed in WWII and so really there's not much but the cathedral and the Fortress of the Sforzas. I would spend an additional day in Verona---beautiful old walking city! And see Lake Garda on a full other day. If you are flying in and out of Milan, take a few hours to see that city and then on to Garda, Verona, Venice and the Alto Adige. Be sure to see Bolzano and Merano there--interesting mix of Austrian/German/Italian cultures similar to Alsace in France. Ferrara is interesting and Bergamo is also a nice little city near Milan. If you can give us an idea of your budget and whether you'll do this on a train or car, perhaps you'll get more suggestions.