Reload this Page >

7 days in France?

Search

7 days in France?

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Jen

7 days in France?

We're planning a trip to England and France later this month and have only a vague idea of what to see in France. While we need the picture of us on the Eiffel Tower, we're not tied to staying only in Paris. <BR> <BR>Our one other requirement is to see the beaches and other sites of Normandy - which, based on other threads here, seems to require at least 2.5-3 days to do it leisurely. Having then 4 other days to spend in France, and needing to take the chunnel back to London, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? <BR> <BR>thanks! <BR>Jen

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:51 AM
herself

Nothing wrong with 2 days in Paris and 2 days in Normandy. Some have the advantage of time, I never have. I have to take my vacations in one week. Go for it. Do what you can. Just don't try to do too much. You can hit the main tourist stuff in Paris in two days, and you can see the landing beaches in less than a day. Have fun.

Old May 8th, 2001, 11:53 AM
elvira

2.5 days in Normandy, 4.5 days in Paris. There's 7 days. In good conscience, I can't recommend any less time in Paris.

Old May 8th, 2001, 12:31 PM
Theresa

If you have just a short time, I would definitely spend at least a day or two in the Loire Valley. The chateaux of Chambord, Chenonceau, Blois, and many many others are not only beautiful, but they are living history. Azay-le-Rideau is also wonderful. And, by the way, it is a fairly easy drive from the Loire on up to the Normandy beaches. My husband and I spent about two days in the Loire and two to three days in Normandy on our last visit. Also, while in the Normandy area, try to get to Honfleur and Mont Saint Michel which is absolutely fabulous -- especially at night after the tourists leave, but you would need to spend the night.

Old May 10th, 2001, 05:38 PM
e

Straasbourg,Colmar are also very nice in Alsace. In southwest France La Rochelle. Closer to Normandy is Brittiany where you can go to Quimper and St. Malo. These are all wonderful places. Have Fun.