6 Nights in Milan

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 Nights in Milan

Hi

Its my first time to Italy.

I am travelling from Dubai to Milan for 7 nights.

I need good recommendation which hotel to stay in Milan. We are 2 Adults, 1 child & 1 infant.

We plan to spent one day in Milan at least, Travel to Como & other Italy lakes, 1 or 2 days in venice and if time we can also see Rome.

I also am thinking it is worth to stay in Milan hotel near The Central station and in the morning start travel and in the night come back.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 12:34 AM

You may check Hotel Michelangelo, a few steps from Milano Centrale station (and airport bus terminal): http://michelangelohotelmilan.com/

I suppose you will travel next spring or summer. Actually, North Italian Lakes are in rather cold fog and rain, as usual in this season.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 05:07 AM

Researchers who request hotels and don't say a word about their budget waste people's time and energy.

I prefer luxury, even for one night, and none of the hotels near the train station work for my needs. I've stayed in many hotels in Milan through the years, and the Bulgari is my current favorite.

I've visited many hotels near the train station and, to me, they're all similar. I've never seen one or heard of one that was really terrible. Go to one of the hotel review sites and pick among the most popular in your price range. Sometimes these decisions come down to what the furniture looks like, because 99.9% of the hotels around the train station are used by business travelers. Milan is unique that way.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 05:38 AM

You might also consider renting an apartment.

I know of this one near the Central Station (although I have not personally stayed there and don't know if the sofa bed would be okay for your children).

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p978943

Coming back from day trips through Milan Centrale station there are a few places where you can buy food to take with you from supermarkets and small shops. Not the cheapest or the best, but it can be a solution for dinner, especially if you rent an apartment and have a kitchen and table to eat at. But even someplace like the Berna has a bar/lounge where you can sit.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 06:09 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
We had a nice stay at the Hotel Berna suggested above. 5 minutes from the station and easy walk to other areas. Metro station right across the street from Hotel.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 06:11 AM

I'm a little confused. Are you going to stay in Milan the whole time and take day trips to the places you've mentioned? (The title says "6 nights in Milan.") If that's true, then you wouldn't be spending two nights in Venice, as stated.

Can you make your plans a little more clear and indicate a budget for hotels?
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 07:00 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
AdeelMehmood: It sounds like you are going to Italy flying into Milan but are not sure if you should spend the whole time in Milan or to spend a few days in other places. Right?

If it was me I'd probably spend 1 or 2 days in Milan, 2 days in Venice and 2 or 3 days in Rome or1 or 2 days in Milan, 2 days at Lake Como or elsewhere in the Lakes and 2 or 3 days in Venice. But we need more informations. What time of year is your trip? What is your budget?

I would NOT stay all 7 days in Milan and do day trips, because many of the places you want to see are too far from Milan.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 07:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I assume you're flying in and out of Malpensa, but you could make better use of your limited time if you could fly home from Rome or Venice.

Considering everything on your wish list, I wouldn't stay in Milan the first night if possible. I know it's a long flight from Dubai but consider heading to Lake Como as soon as you land. If you can afford it, use a private transfer service, but there is train service from Malpensa to both Como (south end of the lake) and Varenna-Esino (mid-lake area).

But if your trip is some time between now and the end of March, I would stay the first night in Milan and skip the lake stop entirely.
Old Nov 5th, 2014, 08:01 AM

For once I agree with Sandra.