6 hr. CDG layover-?worth getting hotel room

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're flying Air France from Malaga to Paris, arriving 9:30 a.m. Have to wait til 3:55 for flight to Boston. Thinking about getting hotel room at the airport so we can lounge comfortably and quietly. Luggage will be booked through.
1) Any reason not to leave terminal for hotel?
2) Any thoughts on which hotel? It looks like the Sheraton is closest to terminal 2C but is not cheap. What about the Ibis? any reason not to go for the cheapest room we can find (with airport shuttle) that seems close to the airport?
3) In Fodorites' experience, what time would we need to be back at the airport? 4) Approx amt of time to go through customs, check in, etc.?
Thanks.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 11:54 AM

Another option would be to buy a pass to an airline club. I don't know if Air France sells day passes, or who you are flying back to Boston, but leaving the airport could be a pain. CDG is such a pain, anyway.

Also, my layovers, unless there are weather delays, are always a little shorter than I had anticipated.

Did you visit the CDG website to see what is available in the airport?
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion about buying a pass -- we're really just looking for some comfortable seating and, for me, a way to put my legs up before the long flight, so that might be the best idea of all. I wasn't keen on leaving the airport but hadn't considered the airline club. We're flying AirFrance all the way; I'll check out the website or give them a call to see what a pass might cost. I wonder if they have any comfortable seating.
I agree the layovers are usually shorter than one would anticipate. Good suggestion, thanks.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 05:32 PM

I think its nice to get a room and relax for a while. Sometimes a shower can make the world of difference. One thing to consider, check in time at a hotel is usually 3pm so find a hotel that might have day rates. Also, when you arrive at 9.30, by the time you get off the plane and clear customs it could be 10.30 or 11am. For a 3.55 flight you would want to be at the terminal by 2.55. That means only 3-4 hours in the room, not including transport time.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

I checked out the AirFrance website. It doesn't mention the possibility of purchasing a pass (of course, we're flying economy). The customer service number is closed after 9 p.m. so I'll try calling tomorrow.