5 days in wales

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 12:54 PM
michelle

5 days in wales

I will be in Wales a very short time in May--a preview for a real trip next year. 2 of my five days are already booked and I have 3 days free. I'll be flying from Cardiff to Dublin on Day 3 afternoon. With only 2 full days, I'm thinking Tintern Abbey, St. David's, with my base in Cardiff. Any suggestions?<BR><BR>Also, I want to rent a car for the day I go to St. David's. Any ideas on where to rent a car for 24 hours in Cardiff?

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 02:13 PM
to

to the top!

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:31 PM
ron

I spent four nights in St Davids and three in Cardiff in October 2001. I would be glad to try to help if you could tell me what it is you want suggestions about. I used public transportation so had no experience with driving. If Cardiff is like any other mid-sized UK city, all of the multinational car rental companies have depots within a 5 minute walk of Cardiff Central Train Station(and Hertz probably has one in the station).

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 09:52 PM
janis

Your title says 5 days in Wales but from what I can decipher from your post you actually only have 2 days in Wales since you fly to Ireland on the 3rd day.<BR><BR>There isn't too much for tourists in Cardiff. Tintern is beautiful and nearby Chepstow is a great place with a really interesting castle. and just a little farther is Ross on Wye.<BR><BR>St Davids and the Pembrokeshire coast is really beautiful. <BR><BR>Driving in the area is easy except in Cardiff and Swansea. There are many rental agencies in Cardiff so you have your pick. But Chepstow/Tintern and St Davids are quite far apart so you will spend a lot of time just driving. <BR><BR>If I only had 2 days I would pick either Pembrokeshire / St Davids OR Chepstow / Tintern / Ross on Wye and stay out of cardiff.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:13 PM
linda

i totally disagree with the previous poster,cardiff is a fantastic base for tourists there is LOTS to do,cardiff castle,st fagins museum,millenium waterfront to name just a few.<BR>cardiff is very good for driving or public transport ALL ROADS LEAD TO CARDIFF.<BR>try this web site<BR>www.tourismwales.gov.uk<BR>any questions or advice just ask i am a cardiff resident.