COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has any one stayed at Dornoch Castle Hotel or Braelangwell House ?

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 10:38 AM
Bheathia

Looking to stay in one of these hotel/B&B's has anyone stayed in either?
Thank You

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 10:43 AM
Sheila

I've stayed in Dornoch castle. But it was along time ago. What do you want to know?

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 11:13 AM
janis

I have stayed at Dornoch Castle. The location is great. It is across the street from the Cathedral - look out for frequent musical performances in the Cathedral. The rooms vary a LOT as do the prices. I stayed in the garden rooms which are sort of an annex in the garden. They are attached to the hotel but not in the old part of the bldg. The annex rooms were small but interesting because thay had tw doors - one off the interior hallway and another sort of French door on to a little (LITTLE!) terrace on the edge of the lovely garden. The rooms in the main castls are posher and pricier. Dornoch is lovely and Royal Dornoch is one of the best golf courses in the world.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:06 PM
bheathia

I am mainly wondering how the rooms, were, and how the food was. Mainly is it clean, are the beds comfortable and was the staff pleasant.

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 01:26 PM
Sheila

Rooms are pleasant and large. Staff nice. Clean and food were mixed, but it was a long time ago