Search

3rd trip to Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2020, 11:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd trip to Turkey

Hi All
We are a couple in our early 40’s. Have been to Turkey in 2014 & 2018 & have been able to visit Istanbul, Cappadocia, Marmaris, Pamukkale, Uzungol , Ayder

Planning another trip to Turkey in first week of Sept for 10 days and apart from 04 days in Istanbul will have about 06 more days

Not much interested in history , rather we love scenic and green places. We love scenic drives

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated

Thank you
Old Aug 12th, 2020, 07:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I recommend either Western Black Sea from Bartin/Amasra to Sinop. My trip notes are partially on my otherchelebistravels blog and on my other blog.
You would hire car in Istanbul (SAW airport to avoid city traffic) Avec car rental gives best rates and service these days.

A second area you have not visited is from Konya down through Ermenek to Anamur and then coastal drive to Silifke and Mersin, with inland excursions at Silifke and Erdemli/

Consider flying to Konya, renting car one way to Adana and flying back.

If you wish to avoid flying,

A third suggestion is taking ferry rom yenikapi to Yalova, driving to Iznik, thence throgh Bursa to Karacabey and the flood forest at the coast. Continuing through kursunlu to Bandirma to Biga and Assos. Then visit the Kaz Daglari area and get bak to Istanbul via ferry from Canakkale to Gallipoli.