Search

3-Star Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 1969, 04:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Roccco and King<BR><BR> Please keep all your info regarding prices &amp; various lodges and is it possible Roccco for you to e-mail me the info as I cannot print this out from Fodors(don't know how to paste yet)(not that computer literate)-what great info!!!

By the way, here was the total cost for ALL my air and 5 night Kafunta (South Luangwa) stay, inlcuding road transfers to the lodge:<BR><BR>Los Angeles-Johannesburg<BR>Johannesburg-Lusaka-Mfuwe (S. Luangwa)<BR>Mfuwe-Lusaka-Johannesburg-Cape Town<BR>Cape Town-Hoedspruit<BR>Hoedspruit-Johannesburg<BR>Johannesburg-Los Angeles<BR><BR>$3,150 per person (including 5 nights Kafunta, valued at $1,000 pp). Take away Kafunta and the strict price for air per person was $2,150 per person. Of the $2,150, 2/3 of that price was for the international air.<BR><BR>Once you are serious about this trip, let me know and I will refer you to a very good agent that will save you A LOT on the airfare.<BR>

Gilberto,<BR><BR>Is there any way that you could begin trip two weeks earlier to capitalize on low season prices in South Africa that will end on September 30th???<BR><BR>Also, if you are intending to spend at least 5 nights in Cape Town, 3 nights on safari, 3 nights in Victoria Falls and 2 nights in Joburg, then it would appear that you have little or no time for the Garden Route. It seems that you have to choose between Vic Falls or The Garden Route if I am understanding your time limitations correctly.<BR><BR>Please clarify whether you have 16 nights to spend in South Africa or whether you have 14 nights to spend in South Africa. Also is mandatory that you spend 2 nights in Joburg. Perhaps you could get by with only a single night in Joburg???

3-Star Dilemma

Roccco<BR><BR>Particularly looking forward to your Zambia trip report.
Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 12:19 PM
Phil

If you could choose between Les Crayeres and Buerehiesel for dinner, which would it be?

Old Mar 22nd, 2000, 01:47 PM
elaine

I have only been to les Crayeres, but I give it the most enthusiastic thumbs up possible.

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 12:16 AM
joelle

I would say : try to do both restaurants by going over lunch time and making the most of their usual Today's menu (generally a lot cheaper)...

Old Mar 23rd, 2000, 03:19 AM
mmb

Phil, I have not been to Buerehiesel, but I have been to Les Crayeres twice. Using a single word to describe the experience I would say remarkable. I have been to many of the better restaurans in North America and Europe. Les Crayeres has to rank at or near the very top. The combination of excellent food, great atmosphere, excellent and friendly service and exceptional hospitality by your hosts the Boyers combine to make this a dining experience without peer. If one were looking for a very minor pick on point, one might say that while it is wholly adequate the wine list is not quite as extensive as some other three star restaurants. For an excellent review of Les Crayeres go to Steven Shaw's site at www.shaw-review.com, hit the France site and follow. If you go to Les Crayeres I am certain you will not be disappointed. MMB