3 days in Latvia

Old Jan 31st, 2020, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 days in Latvia

Hello travelers! I've just bought tickets to Riga for a weekend in April and I would love to hear your suggestions.

Day 1: Arrive in Riga at 1pm, rent a car at the airport and visit Kemeri Bog Boardwalk, drive to Liepaja (any stop on the way??), so that we don't need to drive 2,5h non stop?
Overnight in Liepaja

Day2: Liepaja, Karista prison (is it worth visiting it? I read we can take a 1h guided tour but the reviews have mixed reactions), Northern forts, anything else?? Drive back to Riga with a stop at Salaspils (if still open, apparently it closes at 5pm )
Overnight in Riga

Day3: Visit Riga in the morning (take a free walking tour), lunch in Riga and in the afternoon either we stay in Riga or we go to Salaspils (in case we don't make it on Day 2) , Evening: flight back home

What do you think about this itinerary? Is it doable or too rushy?

I'm not so much into big cities, so half-day or 1 day in Riga sounds okay to me.I wonder if it makes sense to drive all the way to Liepaja.. On the other hand I wanted to avoid those "touristic" places such as Jurmale or Sigulda.. but I'm open to suggestions..
We can still change our itinerary and replace Day 2 with something "closer" to Riga..
Thanks!
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OOh, you are packing a lot in- I spent 4 days in Riga and had a great time- I have some tips here -
https://gruntiestravels.com/riga/