24 Hours in London

Search

24 Hours in London

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 Hours in London

I will get to London on February on a saturday from Paris by Eurostar arriving at St Pancras. The next day I will leave from LGW to Rome.

Where in London should I stay so I can visit nice tourist places for a couple of hours, go clubbing at night and safely get to LGW the next day?
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM

Here you go. I stayed here in February and would stay again. Great location, very cheap and cheerful.

http://www.morganhotel.co.uk/
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 01:03 PM

The Morgan is great. Anywhere in that area is close to Soho for clubs, long walk or cab ride from St Pancras for both the Eurostar and getting to LGW, very close (around the corner) to British Museum and walking distance or short bus ride to Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly, Covent Garden, Westminster.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 01:55 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
"<i>I can visit nice tourist places for a couple of hours, . . </i>"

In a couple of hours you won't seemuch more than maybe one major tourist attraction. London is HUGE. The Morgan is very good and next door to the British Museum (there goes your couple of hours)

But - since you are leaving from LGW, I might stay someplace more convenient to reaching the airport. The Victoria station area, or in Southwark near London Bridge station would put you on direct trais down to Gatwick the next day.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 02:49 PM

janisj - is there no longer a First Capital Connect direct train from Gatwick to/from St Pancras? I took it a couple of years ago, but that was just before they finished the renovations for St Pancras, so maybe that's not the case anymore.
Old Sep 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes - St Pancras would be convenient, they'd just have to get from Russell Sq to St Pancras.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

All right, I have booked an hotel in St Pancras. I get there about 11 am. Is there a specific tour you can suggest in which I can see 3 our more tourist places in 5 or 6 hours? And solo, looking for a good nightclub to dance? any latin night club?
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM

You might like the hop on hop off bus. There are a couple different ones I think such as this. http://www.theoriginaltour.com/
Or just wander yourself around parliament and Big Ben, Westminster Abby and up through the park to Buckingham Palace.
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 06:33 PM

You might also see if there are any London Walks tours that you're interested in. This one looks like it might fit the bill, but they have several others:

http://www.walks.com/Homepage/Saturd...m/default.aspx

I haven't taken that particular tour, but I did three walks with the company last spring and they were all great. London Walks has a great reputation.

I'm not sure how much help you'll get on the clubs on Fodors (though you might), but the Thorntree forum at Lonely Planet might be another good place to ask. That forum caters to a younger crowd.