2 weeks in Spain: city and site ideas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Myself and my friend (23 year old males) plan to spend 2-3 weeks in Spain at the start of August. We were looking at any or all of the following destinations: Barcelona, Lloret de Mar, Valencia, Ibiza, Formentera, Cordoba, Granada, Malaga. We were hoping to have a solid mix of tradtional tourist attractions, exploring the countryside/hiking, beaches, enjoying cafe's, and good nightlife.

Does anyone have advice on which sites to be sure to include? As well as how long in certain places, and attractions/activities to do in these sites? Many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 10:57 PM

<b>Does anyone have advice on which sites to be sure to include? </b> Depends on your interests.

<b>As well as how long in certain places, and attractions/activities to do in these sites?</b> Never less than two days as one night stands do not work. the answer to the second part is in my first answer. What are they?
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You mention 8 possible areas to visit, so you need to group them geographically and then sort out a base for each one and in a sensible order. Maybe:

Barcelona base..Lloret day trip
Ibiza/Formentera via air or ferry from Barca. (Formentera day trip)
Valencia via ferry or air
Malaga base..Day trips to Cordoba...Granada

With three weeks that's doable, not in two though. Bear in mind that transfer time will eat up at least half a day between locations.

Barcelona deserves at least 4 days on its own, Ibiza is your nightlife for certain. Cordoba and Granada for more culture.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 05:45 AM

I do not know about the nightlife in the other towns but Ibiza lives for its nightlife and in Barcelona in certain areas it is hard to get a cab at 3 AM.

Far too many towns even for three weeks.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:09 AM

I agree with Rubicund's advice. I've been to Spain five times on visits ranging from two weeks to two months. I am currently in Barcelona. I would recommend staying in the main towns that you visit for at least 4 - 5 days, otherwise you will be rushed. Since several of your options are beach locations, how about cutting out one or two.

Ibiza is a must see - the nightlife is great; things quiet down earlier in Barcelona. Another option to throw into the mix is Madrid - great sightseeing and food (tapas bars) and you can get there from Barcelona by train in 2.5 hours.