2 weeks in Italy- where to go?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We travelled to italy several years ago (rome, venice, florence, tuscany, just a couple days in umbria, amalfi coast, cinque terra pompeii). We loved it, and are returning for 2 weeks in August (i know this is not the best time to go, but we have teenage kids that make this the only time we can all travel). We would like to travel to new areas- any suggestions for an itinerary? Sicily, lake area? thanks for any ideas.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 07:33 AM
ira

Hi Cathy,<BR> If the kids didn't go with you the last trip, I suggest that you repeat it.<BR><BR> That way they will have a knowledgable tour guide, you will have less stress, and you will relive pleasant memories.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ira- yes, they were with us- andloved the country as much as we did. they can't wait to return with us-thanks, cathy
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 07:52 AM

Cathy, Since you are going in August I would stay north and include parts of the Alps, the Lakes, Venice, CT. The kids will love that itinerary.
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 11:25 AM

Cathy,<BR><BR>Last summer we went to Venice, Milan, and Stresa with our kids ( 11 and 14). They absolutely loved it. We opted not to stay in Venice proper, instead booked into a lovely small hotel called &quot;Albergo Quattro Fontane&quot; on the Lido. This gave us the option to escape the heat and crowds in Venice, and get the kids to the beach for early Am or late afternoon swims. The hotel was only about a 15 min walk to the vaporetto stop for Venice, which suited us very well. In Stresa, we stayed lakeside at La Palma, and visted most of the Borromee(sp?) islands. My only regret was not visiting some of the other lakes, esp. Lake Orta, which it seems is more unspoiled and spectacular an area than Maggiore.<BR>This summer, we'll going to the Amalfi Coast with the kids in July, unless world events keep us home. My husband and I were there two years ago, and hope that they love it as much as we did then. We'll be basing in Sorrento, then going on to Capri, and out of Rome. If you'd like more info, just post again.<BR><BR>Have a great trip!