So my girlfriend and I are headed for a trip in Europe, both of our first times (we are both mid 20's). We land in Madrid (August 17), and fly out of Paris 14 day later (August 31). I planned on doing 3 nights in Madrid, 5 nights in Barcelona, and then 5 nights in Paris. I may switch some of the nights around as well. I am trying to see museum's and historically relevant place while also exploring some nightlife. I really enjoy the architecture of the area that I have seen as well. We will probably do a day trip to Versailles or something while in Paris but I am not 100% sure. At the end of the trip I plan on proposing in Paris, so I am trying to make it pretty special. I got the flights paid for with miles, and so I have a decent budget to spend ($4-$6K or so). I also plan on using my Hilton points to pay for 70% of our hotel stays so there is money to be spent. Any helpful tips, and places to go (including a nice proposal spot in Paris!) would be appreciated. I am thinking like an Eiffel Tower type of thing but maybe there are better place I don't know of.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris November 2017
- 2 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 3 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 4 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 5 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 6 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 7 Barcelona to Malaga
- 8 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 9 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 10 Christmas week in Ireland
- 11 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 Salerno as a base to visit Amalfi Coast
- 14 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 15 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 16 Has Berlin Banned Vacation Rentals?
- 17 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 18 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 19 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 20 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 21 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 22 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 23 Moscow Hotels
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Packing Champagne