Notices

2 days in Paris - Help!

Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2 days in Paris - Help!

Can anyone help put together an itinerary that hits the "main" attractions and some not so known places? Much thanks!
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 06:40 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sconnie...there are many great trip reports posted that will give you all the information you need. In only two days you can’t cover much. My "main" attractions will be different for yours. After you read the trip reports and finish your research it will be clearer to you where you should go.

All the best as you plan.

DaveMM
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 06:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You need to be a bit more specific. Are you landing with jetlag, coing by train,etc..

Have a look at the Fodor's guide here to get an overview of the possibilities.

As Dave said, without knowing your interests...If you love museums, that would be one itinerary. If you loved Impressionists, that would be another. Architecture...another. Parks, anothers. Churches...shopping..

Help us to help you. I've posted a few such itineraries in the past.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 06:54 AM
ira

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi S,

Have you looked up Paris under "Destinations"?
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:02 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Paris cannot be seen in two days. I've been 9/10 times and still have a list of to-do's. So it's a matter of filtering what interests you, and adding in some tips from poeple here.

Some things, like a nighttime Seine river cruise, are mandatory

For example, with two days, I'd not do Versailles or the Louvre, unless these are your lifelong dreams.

Time of year, days of week might also influence your choices.

The jetlag questions comes in because one choice is a hop-on/hop-off bus tour, which is a guaranteed comfy place to snooze if you are arrving from overseas.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:05 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys, I will check out the trip reports!
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, do some more research. When you arrive, Paris will draw you in and whatever you do will be enchanting.

Our first trip was sort of last minute at the end of a Med.cruise. They booked our air from Rome to Chicago, changing in Paris. As it was my birthday, MDH said that we must stay a few days. Since then, we've been there 7 times and will go back for more.

We had really done no research at the time so were winging it. Being close to The Seine was the best, and easiest part.

So in 2 days, I agree with above posters, you can't see it all. Do a little research and it will help to not waste time, but even if you arrive with nothing in mind, 2 days in Paris is fantastic!
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:19 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, do some more research. When you arrive, Paris will draw you in and whatever you do will be enchanting.

Our first trip was sort of last minute at the end of a Med.cruise. They booked our air from Rome to Chicago, changing in Paris. As it was my birthday, MDH said that we must stay a few days. Since then, we've been there 7 times and will go back for more.

We had really done no research at the time so were winging it. Being close to The Seine was the best, and easiest part.

So in 2 days, I agree with above posters, you can't see it all. Do a little research and it will help to not waste time, but even if you arrive with nothing in mind, 2 days in Paris is fantastic!
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 07:20 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ooooops! How that got posted twice I have no idea.
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 08:18 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Eiffle Tower
Luxembourg Gardens
Tuilleries
Notre Dame
Louvre
D'Orsay
Arc de Triomphe
Seine river
Old Sep 3rd, 2010, 12:08 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's my two cents in favor of getting the two day museum pass http://en.parismuseumpass.com/. 32 euro; (41 dollars). This will let you run quickly into the Louvre, see the Mona Lisa and run out again, which is what we did when we had two days in Paris in 1988. We also went up the elevator in the Eiffel Tower (not included in the pass), went to Musee d'Orsay (yes on the pass), and went to Pere Lachaise cemetary to see Jim Morrison (yes, we were silly American tourists). Notre Dame was a big highlight of our trip this time; it's free, the line moves quickly into it. I second the Siene cruise at night to see the Eiffel Tower lit up. Try to find a hotel located close to the sights you most want to see, so you are not spending a lot of time on the metro going place to place. My trip report is posted nearby, click on my name and you will find it. Have fun planning and plan to come back to see what you missed.