Reload this Page >

2-3 days driving in Andalucia - need your advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 07:34 AM
Colleen

We'll be in Spain in October - 3 nites in Madrid (daytrips to El Escorial and Toledo), 1 nite Cordoba, 2 nites Sevilla - train travel up to this point - and then renting a car for 2-3 days on the way to Granada (2 nites, final leg will be a night train to Barcelona (3 nites). <BR> <BR>My question is a)the route to take through Andalucia from Sevilla to Granada (stopping in Arcos, staying in Ronda - other ideas?), b) is a stop in Cadiz doable, and c) my husband wants to drive "the coast" somewhere, even though he's heard all the negatives about the Costa del Sol. I'm hoping that the area around Cadiz will suffice. 2-3 days is not much time, but it's what we have. <BR> <BR>Any suggestions?

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 07:54 AM
MAira

Your itinerary sounds fabulous! The area around Cadiz should provide opportunity for coastal driving. Again, great planning!

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 09:49 AM
Ruth

I'd skip Arcos since it sounds like your time will be limited. We drove there from Granada which took 4-5 hours since we took the scenic route. Stayed overnight in the parador, which was nice, but Arcos didn't do much for us. Of course, our leg muscles were so sore from walking up and down hills in Granada that we couldn't face walking any distance down the streets of Arcos. Have friends who went to Ronda and thought it was beautiful, but we didn't get there. Be sure to allot enough time for Granada--I thought it was wonderful.

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 08:09 AM
Marija

I agree with Ruth about Arcos. It was the only town we visited in Andalucia that was not worth the effort. Definitely go to Ronda. You can also consider making Cordoba a day trip from Seville by train.

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 08:45 AM
anita

I have a different slant. We stayed overnite in Toledo and it was magical. <BR>We loved Arcos for its simplicity and geographic setting. Ronda was very touristy but good for shopping. Two days was too long in Granada.