150 rue St Honore, Paris

Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:02 AM
L4C
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
150 rue St Honore, Paris

In planning my trip to Paris, I asked many questions about the vacationsinparis.com apartment at this address (and got many very helpful replies), and I think I promised a trip report. I forgot that I'm not so good with trip reports. So, instead: I'm here, in the apartment, right now! With a napping 3 yo - any questions?

L.

PS - it's wonderful, the apartment. Can't really say anything bad about it or the location.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:19 AM

I hope you are having a good time.

Are you staying at the unit with an elevated bed above the kitchen? If so, what is it like?
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:26 AM
L4C
Original Poster

We are - the kitchen is really a hallway and the loft is above it - the ceilings are soaring, though, so it is far above it. There is a ladder for access. My sister-in-law has the loft. Ok, I will say one bad thing: I think the cleaning people are afraid of heights because the loft was less than clean upon arrival, and that is a common complaint in the guest book. But we are having a great time anyway!

L.

Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:29 AM

Glad you are enjoying "our" apt--be there in April as you know. The restaurant below is not an issue? Nearest shop for supplies on a Sat afternoon arrival?. Have you tried the nearby restaurant recs you got? Is the internet easy to connect--I have some last minute plans to confirm by internet!! Thanks, Dave
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:36 AM

Ok, I more question, have you used the kitchen? The apartment looks cute and cozy.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:07 AM
L4C
Original Poster

The internet connection at the computer in the bedroom is totally fine, has worked every minute since we arrived. My husband and sister-in-law each brought a laptop as well, and the connection has worked for about 80% of the time on DH's PC, and 0% on SIL's mac. There is another wifi access point in the neighborhood that wants us to connect to it, so rebooting of the router in the bedroom is necessary. Make sense? Not to me - this is coming from DH.

The hallway/kitchen is perfect for our needs - there is no oven, just microwave (actually haven't used it yet), 2 burners, coffee maker (also an Ikea french press), small fridge and combo clothes washer/dryer that is heavy on the washer and extremely light on the dryer aspect - but there is a drying rack and if you position it right over the heater, the clothes dry very quickly!

We have had no problem whatsoever with any noise from the restaurant/bar downstairs. The bedroom faces the air shaft/"courtyard", so there is virtually no noise there and it is rather tomb-like and perfect for sleeping!

As for restos, I can't remember which were recommended and will have to go over them. We have eaten in a lot, or had crepes/paninis/etc since we are with our 3 yr old (who is STILL sleeping). The pizza right down the street is very good, though!

There is a grocery store very very close by - 5 minutes walk, if that. It has everything you need for Saturday & Sunday, and the apt. is also stocked with little things like spices, mustard, jam, etc. We really couldn't be more pleased with this experience! Felschurch, you will have a wonderful time!

L.
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:22 AM

Great answers! "There is a grocery store very very close by - 5 minutes walk",--right or left as you leave?
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:43 AM

Meant to ask--do three yr olds suffer from jet lag?
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 10:57 AM
L4C
Original Poster

For the grocery store, which is called "G20", walk left out the front door of the apartment, then left on rue de Louvre, and it is just ahead on the corner of the next block, across the street. This info was in the guest book - you'll see!

L.
Old Jan 19th, 2008, 03:09 AM

How is the trip?