Search

12 Day Itinerary in Turkey during October

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 08:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 Day Itinerary in Turkey during October

Dear Friends

I intend to travel to Turkey in the second week of October for around 12 days. I will be grateful, if you can suggest me an itinerary for the trip. Typically, my choice of interest would be (a) Cities/ Sites of historical importance (b) Site of natural beauty and (e.g. Pamukkale) and (c) Mediterranean Coast.

NB: I am not fond of modern cities, so it is something which I would want to avoid. I would be starting my journey from Istanbul. I am also a fast (intense) traveler, i.e. my travels are not relaxed. So I don’t mind travelling from one place to another in short intervals.

Regards
Rick
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 09:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Rick, I suggest you check some earlier trip reports
You may also send them private messages if you are sure you have similar interests.

Everyone have their own favorites and you should probably study various popular locations and choose between them.

October weather is excellent for the Southern and Southwestern coasts of Turkey, although days are rather short.

How many places you can visit depends on whether you will fly and drive or use public ground transportation,

A good touristic map will have locations, names and distances of both archaeological and natural sites. that may be a good idea for beginning your plans.
Old Apr 4th, 2018, 06:47 PM
kja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turkey is delightful, but 12 days is very little! I'm sure you will be able to see some wonderful things, but you will need to make some difficult decisions. If you don't already have them, I recommend the Rough Guide and Lonely Planet. Do check otherchelebi's superbly helpful posts about travel in Turkey, and you might take a look at my trip report -- it's old, but you might find some useful information.
Some Observations on a Fantastic Journey through Western Turkey