10 Day Itinerary in Andalusia Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all. Just received some good advice regarding travel insurance and now need some help on itinerary.

I've never been to Spain, but have traveled and driven in other countries. I have 12 days in Spain and would like to see Andalusia (Seville, Cordoba, Granada, and Ronda or other white village). Because of my airfare restrictions, I must fly in and out of Madrid. I have two half days in Madrid when I arrive and before the business part of my trip. Then one day after with one more day on a day trip to Toledo. So that leaves 10 days in Adalusia. What can I reasonably accomplish in 10 days and how would you suggest splitting the days up?

Thanks so much for your help. I am celebrating three years cancer free and this is my first big excursion since my diagnosis!!
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM

Congrats for being three years cancer free!
10 days is not a bad amount of time for Andalucia, IMO.
I think you can see everything what's on your list.
Coming from Madrid, I would take the train to Córdoba (visit the Mezquita), move on to Sevilla (stay 2-3 nights)
Rent car from Sevilla to Granada, go via whatever white villages you fancy (Arcos de la Frontera, Vejer de Frontera, Grazalema.. just google white towns), overnight where you like (and in Ronda), end in Granada (drop off car), visit Alhambra (stay 1 night), go back to Madrid by train.

If you have a computer or iPad/Phone with you, it's really easy to find places to stay on your "road trip" in Southern Spain on sites like booking.com
Old May 31st, 2013, 11:04 AM

Congratulations also!
10 days is a decent amount to see the places you want to visit.
When exactly is this trip?
As a start I'd recommend at least 4 nights in Sevilla and 2 in Granada. You could visit Cordoba as a daytrip en route from Madrid to Sevilla but you have time for 2 nights. Cordoba can be done as a daytrip if there are other places you prefer to overnight. But it really is a nice place for a couple of nights - much more than just the Mezquita and Juderia areas. Assuming you stay 2 nights in Cordoba then this leaves 2 nights. I'd rent a car between Sevilla and Granada and spend 2 nights in Ronda exploring the nearby white villages. If your trip is in the middle of the (hot!) summer I'd consider doing Cordoba as a daytrip and taking the 2 nights for Cadiz on the coast.
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Last minute trip opportunity. Leaving next Tuesday!!

So glad you think I'll be good with 10 days.

Just got a tablet and will be taking that with me. So you think I'll be okay to book as I go, except for the first arrival night. That way I'm not bound by exact dates if I decide to stay a bit longer in one place.

Any recommendations on low to mid cost places to stay in those cities?
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Last minute trip opportunity. Leaving next Tuesday!!

So glad you think I'll be good with 10 days.

Just got a tablet and will be taking that with me. So you think I'll be okay to book as I go, except for the first arrival night. That way I'm not bound by exact dates if I decide to stay a bit longer in one place.

Any recommendations on low to mid cost places to stay in those cities?
Old May 31st, 2013, 03:22 PM

Without advance reservations you may not have your first choice in accomdation but you should be able to find something. You'll find the tablet invaluable - I don't know how I ever did without it. You may want to purchase your train tickets a day or 2 in advance once your arrive.