1 week in April -- suggestions?

Mar 20th, 2006, 07:48 PM
jck
Original Poster

1 week in April -- suggestions?

My work has unexpectedly eased up and I'd like to plan a 1 week trip to somewhere in Europe in April. I've been to most of the major sights in Western Europe (London, Paris, Rome, Florence, Venice, Vienna, Geneva) as well as Budapest and Prague in Eastern Europe. Any suggestions, esp. for an easy-to-plan trip elsewhere in Europe, especially Eastern or Central Europe? Thanks.
JCK
Mar 20th, 2006, 07:55 PM

Well, it's not eastern or central Europe, but here's a vote for a long, hard look at Lisbon, Portugal. It's a wonderful seaside destination with reasonably warm weather for April and on-the-ground expenses are noticeably less than any of the western European cities you mentioned. Give it a look.
Mar 20th, 2006, 09:18 PM
rex

In Central Europe: Poland, especially the south.

For some ideas in Eastern Europe... which starts east of Poland (and like you, I have never been to Eastern Europe)...

... see www.inyourpocket.com

Best wishes,

Rex
Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:22 AM
rex

topping...
Mar 22nd, 2006, 03:36 AM

What about Holland and Belgium?
Mar 22nd, 2006, 04:39 AM

Did you ever consider Istanbul? This is really one of the greatest cities on this planet, comparable only to Rome, Venice, Paris. One week is certainly not enough for a thorough visit, but it will give you a good insight into Istanbul (and you'll come back and back and back).
Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:24 PM

I agree with franco. Istanbul is a most fascinating city.

But as Valtor mentions, Amsterdam is also a very interesting place. I've spent a lot of time there. Everybody speaks English. The weather is always problematic, 365.
Mar 24th, 2006, 11:14 PM

You should definitely consider Transylvania (in Romania). For a great itinerary and an affordable one as well, please contact Andrei Nicolau in Bucharest at [email protected].

Andrei Nicolau has the most interesting and unique Romanian itineraries with a focus to Transylvania.

Different from the rather life-all-set Western countries, the "East" is vibrant and fascinating especially during these unique times of change. Do not miss it. Let us know how it went.

The Hills