1 night in/near Paris airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to book a ticket to India using my air miles, and the agent found a ticket on Air France that requires an overnight stay in Paris: 5:20 p.m. til 10 a.m. the next day.

Where can I stay in or near the Paris airport for cheap? We'd like to get out of the airport and hang out in Paris for the night but need a place to crash for a few hours. Any really inexpensive options?

If it's too much a hassle, we might consider a different route to India--like via Moscow on Aeroflot (a Russian airline)! Yikes! Not sure which option is better.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 04:25 PM

First, you really don't need to stay near the airport with that kind of layover unless it just happens to be your preference.

In the past, I have been able to catch some deals for the CDG Hilton, which is a very nice hotel. A lower-priced option with the same basic location (which is extremely convenient to the RER) is the IBIS -- but make sure you are getting the correct one, because there are several of them. Check out this one:

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/ficheh...he_hotel.shtml

Okay, I will now post this and let others talk you into just staying IN Paris, which is probably where you belong.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 04:51 PM

It's definitely the Suite Hotel...an Accor Hotel. It's VERY nice. The rooms are big...the biggest I've ever had in Paris and I've been vacationing there annually since the mid 70s. The hotel is right at the airport area and there is a free shuttle from the airport...very easy. It's an Accor Hotel so go on accor.com. or suite-hotels.com. There are two suite hotels on the same stop. The second one is a more convenient one and there's a restaurant right across from it. The one I stayed at is called Suite Hotel- Charles-de-Gaulle Roissy, I think...I'll try to look it up for you. If the name is different from what I've written, then I'll repost. The price is right and all the rooms are 30 square meters. I was one person and had two beds, a bathroom and a half, in one bathroom I had a bathtub with a shower and a separate shower stall,along with toilet and sink of course and in the other bathroom a toilet and sink. The room also had a dining table, a day bed-sofa a kitchenette with sink,fridge, and micro wave, and a moveable partition that separated the bedroom from the diningroom area since the daybed is in that area...I was told, by an aquaintance that works for Accor that it was a new hotel concept since it's pretty self-serve...you check in and then you are on your own. He told me about it and made the arrangements for me. Plus, there was FREE internet useage in the lobby which I never get in hotels in town. I stayed there in 2004. Happy Travels!
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 04:56 PM

OK...I've looked it up and it's the CDC Paris Nord 2 one that I stayed at. Happy Travels!
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 05:21 PM

OK, Flyboy, I'll take the bait. It is possible to just hop on the RER and stay in town - there are lots of places near stops on RER B line, most often mentioned here are the ones around Luxembourg, Chatelet or Gare du Nord. The Ibis at CDG would be nice, though, because you could stop in, freshen up then head into town. The last RER leaves central Paris about 12:30 AM, getting you back to CDG in about 30 minutes or so.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 08:18 PM

Remember: you need to be at CDG 3 hours before your outgoing flight in order to be sure of checking in, clearing Immigration, and going through security before heading way out to your gate. So if you decide to spend the night in Paris, be sure to get going early the next morning.
Old Jul 25th, 2006, 09:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
All of the Accor Hotels (www.accorhotels.com) use the same shuttle, even the Formule 1 for 29 euros. Ask for hotels at "Roissy" on the site.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 03:04 AM

Regarding shuttles, both the Hilton and the Ibis I mentioned are actually accessible from the very frequent ADP shuttles that serve the airport which is why they are exceptionally convenient. Since I gave the Ibis website, here is the CDG Hilton's:

http://tinyurl.com/go427

It's worth checking, since I've actually picked it up for under 100 Euros at times on special deals.

If it was me, I would stay in Paris proper and take the RER, as Seamus points out.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 05:36 AM

If you decide to stay at CDG, here's the cheapest way to get to Paris and back to the airport. Buy a one-day, zones 1-5 Paris Visite pass (E16.75). It will cover any Metro, RER, or bus rides you take in Paris as well as your CDG-Paris-CDG RER B rides.
Old Jul 26th, 2006, 06:31 AM

But if you just take one ride in each direction, the tickets will cost 8.10 € each = 16.20 € and you can save a fabulous amount of 55 eurocents.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, all, for the good suggestions!

We're leaning toward staying longer in Paris. Might as well. Maybe 1 or 2 days longer.

We just went to Paris last year. Trying to figure out what to do on this trip. Is the Chartre Cathedral a good day trip? Do-able? Also want to check out the new museum that Jacque built.

Anything new in Paris? And also where to stay this time? We stayed in the Marais last time.

Maybe I should start a new thread.

Thanks, all!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:15 PM

Chartres is just a commuter train ride from Paris.

Something new? www.quaibranly.com

Old Aug 1st, 2006, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

kerouac, thanks for the link. Yep, the Quai Branley is up there on our list for this trip--the museum Jacque built. But I couldn't find info about how much a ticket costs and whether you need to reserve it in advance? There's a link to ticket but I think it shows the hours of operation. Anybody knows?

Thanks.