Zenith and Horizon ships

Search

Zenith and Horizon ships

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zenith and Horizon ships

I am contemplating taking a cruise this fall with my mother on one of these 2 ships. I've read some pretty bad things about Zenith in particular...bad smells in bathrooms, rough rides, poor entertainment, dirty linens and carpet to name a few. Anyone cruised either of these lately and can give me their opinion? I realize these are not new ships, but they should be kept clean. I read that Zenith was just refurbished in 2002.
Thank you.
Old May 21st, 2003, 05:48 AM

We sailed on the Horizon in January and had a wonderful time. The ship was older, but well maintained. The food was wonderful and service great.
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:28 AM

I sailed on the Horizon on 2/16/03 from Tampa to the western Caribbean. It was my first cruise experience. It took me 23 years to convince my husband to cruise. He suffers terrible motiion sickness. However, he even can't wait to take another cruise(we have plans for next February on RCL-Radiance of the Seas). The Horizon was a well maintained ship. True, a bit older, but very clean. The staff-from wait to cabin attendants-was wonderful. The food was very good and always plenty of it. Nightly entertainment was enjoyable. True to its' reputation, this line is not for "party animals" which suited us fine. We are in our 40's and traveled with our three sons(14,15 and 18) another couple with their two sons(11 and 15). Since this was everyone's first cruise, the kids were excited to be on the ship and see the different ports of call. Next year's needs to be a little more exciting for them, that's why we decided to go with Royal Caribbean(rock climing, miniature golf, etc.). However, I believe that you and your mother won't be disappointed with the Horizon. We truly enjoyed this cruising experience. We had outside cabins(no balconies on this ship) next to the Presidential Suite. Cabin was by no means spacious, however, very suitable-enough closet and drawer space. As for cleanliness, I only wish I could keep my house this clean. Staff always cleaning something about the ship. I would highly recommend this to you.
Old May 21st, 2003, 06:45 PM

We sailed on the Zenith in March of this year r/t from Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro. If you are concerned about cleanliness, you needn't be. The ship is extremely clean and neat. We found all the services to be excellent and the entertainment was on a par with other cruise ships. This was our 19th cruise, so I think we can judge a ship fairly well. The only downside I would point out is that the ship is not overly ornate as the newer ones are. Since the Zenith is slightly smaller than most of the liners now sailing, we found it easy to navigate. Of course this means the special rooms such as the theatre, library, and some of the lounges were also smaller than Celebrity's bigger sisters of the Zenith. The bottom line is if you just want to relax in a quiet atmosphere without a lot of children around the Zenith will be fine.
Old May 22nd, 2003, 12:26 PM
sweetsue

We sailed on the Zenith for the third time. It looks just a nice as it did when it was new. We were on her for 14 days from Buenos Aires. We had a Cat 2 which we had the last time. It was still nice, and the room had all been re-done. I like this ship!