Search

xcaret

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 12:28 PM
barbara

xcaret

Has anyone down Xcaret...What can I expect to do there?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:19 AM
Gaines

We did Xcaret on our first cruise in 1999. It is a zoological/environmental park. There are a lot of animals presented and they have a sea turtle breeding/release program that is a cool thing to see. I would recommend it and want to go again someday.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:00 PM
celia

The water float was lots of fun. I reccommend it.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:43 PM
Bobbie

The best thing about Xcaret is the 6 mile underground river. You wear life jackets and your belongings are taken<BR>to the other end where you come out. It<BR>was great! Also many animals to see - you can swim with the dolphins and there is a butterfly preserve - beautiful flowers & trees, enjoyed it very much.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:31 AM
jill

You can find lots of details on xcaret on any of the Cancun/Cozumel forums, this place personally reminded me of Mexican version of Sea World, and I like Sea World, lots of activity and the evening show we saw with music and pole acrobatic was great, food also was good and cheap, go as early as you can, as we didn't have enough time to do it all, snorkeling was good here.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 05:33 AM
jilll

P.S. my son did the swim with the dolphin, and he as well as us watching from the beach loved it, you have to go early to sign up, as they sell out quickly, and have to pay for this part of park with cash. Xcaret also have their own web site, surf for it.

Old May 5th, 2002, 04:27 PM
sandra

Please be very aware of the high humidity in Xcaret. I am from El Salvador, Central America and can tell you that I have been there many times and NEVER experienced such heat and humidity. It is soooooooo hot it made us never reeturn again!