Windstar, Regent Now Celebrity?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been on both Windstar and Regent (when it was Radisson 7 Seas) and loved the small boat and almost all inclusive feel of both.

We now want to travel with our 4 (almost 5) year old and am considering Celebrity. Will we be disappointed after being spoiled on these small ships?

Also, if the answer is yes, are there any small luxury type cruises that cater to kids even just a little bit????

Thanks.

JB
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:03 AM

No , Celebrity is a class act.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:07 AM

While Celebrity is amongst the best of the mass market lines they are still just that.

You will miss the service all the way around, as well as the excellent food on RSSC and Windstar. Cutbacks on Celebrity can be felt in both areas.

The cabins and amenities provided by RSSC are way above anything Celebrity offers, even in their suites. And, they are having issues with maintenance.

On shorter Celebrity cruises, you will see families, though on longer sailings they still are predominantly adult.

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 10:14 AM

We went on the Infinity for a Panama Canal cruise and it was excellent. The following year went on the Mercury for a New Year's Mexican Rivera cruise and it was awful. The service sucked, it was shabby and I actually had a waiter at the pool dispute me and scream at me when I mentioned my pina colada wasn't finished when he took it. Our butler did help smooth that over but it was quite upsetting. Even more so was the form letter we received from Celebrity in response to our complaints. I don't think Celebrity is a class act at all and will never give them another cent of our money. What about Disney? They get good reviews.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I think that we might be disappointed then and will wait until we can take my daughter on a smaller cruise line.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:06 AM

I agree that Mercury is a dog and I would not sail her again.

Unfortunately, X is allowing some of their ships to fall into disrepair. They are not what they used to be.