Reload this Page >

Windstar Air Question....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 03:46 AM
elaine

We are cruising Windsurf early March. Are arriving Barbados one day prior. Our orig. flight would get us to Barbados 9:30pm. We normally use Phila. or Newark airport. Either flight is on American. New flight would be commuter to JFK, then JFK/Barbados, arriving at 1pm [bypassing plane change in Miami]. This is more appealing. However, we have never flown out of JFK...is it a hassle? Does anyone have opinion?

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 05:27 AM
Bart

Elaine, why don't you take a limo to JFK, it's only about 45 minutes further than Newark. We normally fly out of EWR also but will go to JFK for nonstops and more convenient connections. JFK is not a hassle if you don't have to change terminals. Your limo can drop you at the curb where they have curbside check in. <BR>We flew fron JFK this summer on our way to Anchorage viea Seattle so we could catch the AA nonstops. <BR>I'll bet there is not much difference in price between the commuter flight and the limo. <BR> <BR>Bart

Old Oct 12th, 1999, 05:52 AM
elaine

Bart, <BR> <BR>Thanks for your suggestions...However,all our air is courtesy of Windstar [which includes the commuter flight] and our travel agent sends courtesy limo to our home to/from Phila.airport. <BR>Am hopeful if we land JFK 7:20am and our Barbados flight is 9:40am we will have time finding our way through the maze at JFK. Do you know if we have AA connection, must we check in JFK [int'l] or can we do this in Phila.?

Old Oct 13th, 1999, 05:29 AM
Bart

Elaine, you will have plenty of time to make the connection at JFK. I assume you are doing American Eagle from PHL - JFK. You come into the same terminal that you will depart from. It is big, but you should have no problem. <BR>Also, yes you should be able to check your bags thru from PHL to Barbados. <BR>Jfk IMHO is less of a hassle than Newark. The real busy time at JFK is mid afternoon thru 9pm when all the european flights arrive and depart. I flew out of Newark at 7 am last week and the traffic was so bad I almost missed flight. <BR>Your 2 hour connection is not a problem even if you change terminals. <BR>Enjoy, Bart

Old Oct 13th, 1999, 06:59 AM
elaine

Bart, <BR> <BR>Read your post with interest,as we are unfamiliar w/JFK and yes, American Eagle Phila/JFK. <BR>Thank you very much for your reply!

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 03:50 AM
elaine

Bart, <BR> <BR>We are flying out of JFK (change in plans) and need hotel recommendation at the airport the night prior. There are a few hotels there...could you recommend which one to book?

Old Feb 19th, 2000, 10:11 AM
julie

If we were you, and it isn't too late, I would not let Windstar make any travel arrangements at all. They surely messed us up when we travelled on the Windstar last Autumn. I have covered this in other posts, so will not repeat, but suffice it to say that there seems to be a huge lack of communication between the captains of the vessals and their central office in Seattle. I would not go with them again for this reason. However, many people are true fans of these ships, and once on board, you will have a good time.

Old May 19th, 2000, 07:43 AM
elaine

Windstar booked our air for our March cruise...everything was flawless.