Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

HAS ANYONE USED "VacationsToGo" for booking a cruise? Please tell me your experiences.

Search

HAS ANYONE USED "VacationsToGo" for booking a cruise? Please tell me your experiences.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep getting these tempting offers from VacationsToGo on the Internet and would love to try some of the cruises offered as they seem terrific but I don't know about this organization. I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has used them. <BR>Thanks in advance<BR>
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:53 PM
Lew

Used them last summer. They did all they were expected to do...sent docs on time, confirmed cabin, and checked after cruise for satisfaction.<BR><BR>
Old Apr 10th, 2003, 02:04 PM

I used CruiseBrothers.com last November. After doing a lot of internet research on prices and also having a friend check RCI on the 2 sailings I was interested in, I felt assured that their rate was good. The process was smooth. My only experience so far with booking using a web dealer. I was not ever contacted afterward to inquire about satisfaction, though. Maybe VacationsToGo is better, since they do follow up.
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 10:32 AM

Last summer i was about to book my cruise through cruises.com and then i saw an ad from VacationsToGo. The ad seemed unbelievable. I read all the fine print and there wasn't any strange catch. When I called to verify the info, VacationsToGo told me that the deal i saw on the net was gone (and had been for months). I was pissed because to me that seemed like the old bait and switch.<BR><BR>For that reason, I will never give VTG any of my business (I take a cruise every year).
Old Apr 12th, 2003, 07:26 AM

I just posted a note under another topic above this one...we just got back from a 5 night and used vacationstogo. No problems at all. I checked about everyother day typing in my deal number once it was no longer listed on the 90 day ticker. It came up one day and had gone down to $199 per person! I called Rico, our agent, and he promplty issued us a refund for the difference in price. We also ended up keeping our same rooms! GReat experience for us.<BR><BR>