Reload this Page >

Which ship for $800?

Search

Which ship for $800?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Trina O'Brien

Which ship for $800?

I have $2000. I want to cruise with my wife for 7 days. We live in Florida, so we can drive to the ports in Florida. I was thinking about spending $800 each for the cruise ($1600 total) which would include all taxes and port charges, and then we would have $400 for tips and small purchases.<BR><BR>I don't care about those of you that think we will spend more, I just want to know which ship is best for 7 days in the Caribbean for the $1600 price for 2 people?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:14 PM
CHuck

Plenty of ships to choose from(assuming you are in an interior cabin) you will find many available for that price.<BR>

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:31 PM
Patty

Chuck is right - almost any 7 day cruise leaving from S. Florida on one of the mainstream lines is available for that price, you have quite a few to choose from. Which is 'best' is pretty subjective - what I think is best, you may dislike. That said, my vote would go to Celebrity for their service and relaxed atmosphere.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Peter

For $1600 you could book two cruises you the two of you on the Norway. Be advised, though, that Paul is not a fan of this ship.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:23 PM
jeanette

Unless you consider a good resort to be a Red Roof Inn, I'll agree with Paul (for once!) and suggest you pass on NCL. It's cheap for a reason, and none of the reasons are good enough for me.<BR><BR>Consider Princess and Celebrity, both good middle grounds. If you are over the age of 40 and like quiet elegance and outstanding service, try HAL. If you are younger and want a good party atmosphere and pretty good service, Carnival is a good fit. And if you want lots of teens and tiny rooms, but huge ships with rock climbing walls and ice skating rinks, try RCCL.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Paul Therault

Jeanette speaks wonders.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 08:58 AM
cruznut6

Plenty of choices, but if you want value for your bucks, try Celebrity's Horizon. Nice size ship, great food and service, sails out of Tampa. Mostly 55+ age group. If you want wild, youth activities activities, this isn't your ship.<BR><BR>Regards...Bob

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 09:04 AM
cruznut6

Sorry about the "activities" twice in the above post. The Norway's a grand old girl and cruises like a dream, but watch the variation in cabin size if you book. The sizes vary quite a bit. The Horizon, on the other hand offers standard inside and outside cabins at 172 sq. ft, regardless of the deck.<BR><BR>Regards...Bob