Reload this Page >

when to expect paperwork?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 1999, 08:13 PM
Gina

How soon before the cruise should I be gettng paperwork as far as the details of the trip, what to pack, special theme nights, etc. So far I have received a paper regarding recipt, time of seating,etc. Thanks

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 04:45 AM
elaine

Gina, <BR> <BR>Documents could arrive as early as one month prior to sailing. However, 2 yrs. ago, our documents did not arrive until week before our cruise. When do you sail? <BR>You could also phone your travel agent and pose question to him/her. When do you sail?

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 05:33 AM
Vickie

Your travel agent should be able to get this info for you! Ask them to call the cruise line and find out when the documents are mailed - this is very routine and the cruise lines know exactly when they're mailed. My experience has been that all the paperwork (packing tips, theme nights, contact info, etc. as well as the actual cruise ticket) is mailed about one month before the ship sails. If your sailing date is less than one month away, call your travel agent ASAP and have them call the cruise line ASAP!

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 08:34 AM
Gina

Thanks for the replies. We sail on October 16th for our honeymoon and there are obviously so many details to think aboyut when planning our wedding that this one just hit me. I will wait a week or so. We are going on the Celebrity Mercury, Western Caribbean and I can't wait! <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 1999, 10:11 AM
Sue

One thing to remember about your documents is that it depends a lot if you booked your air through the cruise line. If air is booked from them, the documents can come as late as two days before you leave. (It happened to us once when we were sailing from Hawaii to Tahiti). If you book your air independently, they can get their 4-6 weeks prior to departure. As stated above, before you get nervous, call your TA, they should be able to give you an idea of when to expect them. <BR>Congratulations........Sue