Reload this Page >

Anyone: Cruise line transfers

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 1999, 05:14 PM
cruzer

Going on Dawn Princess Sept 18. Our TA says we should purchase Princess transfers. Is this the best way to do it or does our agent just want more commission? We don't like the idea of getting to Seward so late, but are we taking a chance with a long-distance drive? <BR> <BR>Thanks!!

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 05:57 AM
Kathy

I would definitely recommend the cruise line transfers in Alaska. It can be difficult to find transportation that will meet your time schedule, especially if you're not familiar with the area. With the transfers, it becomes the cruise line's responsiblity to make sure that you arrive at the appropriate times and it eliminates any worries about late flights, delays or weather concerns. Any extra cost is well worth the peace of mind. <BR> <BR>(4 Days will Bermuda ! ! !) <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 08:18 AM
Vickie

Definitely take the transfers!! Particularly when the ultimate destination is not next door, or a simple hop to the airport. The money is incidental compared to what you could face if you get lost, have mechanical trouble, etc. - not to mention reduced stress on you!

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 09:33 AM
Bart

We did the same itinerary in July and I 2nd and 3rd the above. If you are flying in the same day, you just get off the plane and get on the bus and then a nice leasurely ride to Seward. It's about 100 miles and the bus normally makes 1 stop to stretch your legs. <BR>If you are overnighting in Anchorage just go to the convention center early and get your bus assignment. <BR>There will be plenty of time once you get to Seward. There is more to see in Anchorage than Seward. I understand car rentals are very expensive. <BR>Th eDawn is a beautiful ship and you will love the cruise. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. <BR>Bart

Old Aug 25th, 1999, 06:18 PM
cruzer

Just want to thank everyone for the input. The transfers cost $110, the car is about $130. But your reasons to stick with Princess transfers have more than convinced us to use Princess. We have been to Alaska before, but never had to worry about "missing the boat!" Thanks, everyone. I hope we enjoying cruising as much as everyone else seems to. It may be cold then, but we wanted to try something very economical.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 12:29 PM
Erika

<BR>A group of us are also going on the 9/18 Dawn Princess cruise - we all opted for the transfers. We are overnighting in Anchorage - then will pick up the bus at the Convention Center or the airport. Then all the luggage handling belongs to Princess! Hallelujah!