Reload this Page >

What % of cruisers use the gym?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:22 AM
Debbie

Every cruise that I am on I rarely see the gym being used. I have gone to the gyms of all different days at different times. Sometimes some people use the gym in the morning. Maybe this is what America is sporting such a high number or fat people.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:24 AM
Rob

I heard that the average person on a cruise gains 1 to 2 pounds per day of cruising. So that is 7 - 14 pounds for a 7 day cruise. So folks, walking around on the ship is not working. get your fat butts into the gym!!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:29 AM
Susan

I have been on 2 cruises and I am there when the gym opens at 7:00 a.m. and there are usually others waiting to get in. I use the treadmills and you have to get there early or you will have to wait for one. Not sure how the gym is in the afternoon.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:54 AM
Lenore

My husband and I always use the gym at least once during a cruise. Most trips we've had to wait for a treadmill, but can usually get on the machines without any trouble. I often see people walking around the "track" too. I've never seen the gym empty!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:01 AM
xxx

I've been on 13 cruises and always use the gym. I have found the gyms to be quite busy and usually there is a waiting line for the treadmills. <BR><BR>I've never gained more than 2 #'s for a cruise and that includes a 21 day cruise I did in 1999. I use the stairs a lot instead of the elevator and try to walk or jog outside several times a week in addition to doing weights and the stairmaster.<BR><BR>I find I don't snack like I do at home. I eat a huge breakfast on cruises compared to what I eat at home but I don't come in a snack on Doritoes or Cheetoes or Famous Amos cookies etc. - like I do at home.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:04 AM
linda

We eat breatfast at 8, read, relax, walk- then go to the gym at 10. It is hardly ever crowded then

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:34 AM
Martha

I always use the gym. rarely anyone in it during the first dinner seating. Great time. After gym, take shower and iron your clothes for your late dinner and you are good to go

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:59 AM
Patty

I think the percentage is extremely low. I use the gym twice a day - in the early morning and late afternoon - and I've never had to wait for a machine. I also never use the elevators but still manage to gain 2-3 pounds per cruise.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Jack

The percentage is way too low. Get in there and start working out people.

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 12:57 PM
jack

Piss off I'm on vacation!