westerdam and my teen

Search

westerdam and my teen

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
westerdam and my teen

Just booked our first cruise,just myself and my 16 year old daughter. So many questions, can you request a table for two for dinner, if yes, how? Formal nights, daughter doesn't own a "cocktail dress" what is acceptable for a teen to wear? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 05:17 AM

While not specific to this ship, you might want to reconsider table for 2, even if available. We cruised last spring with our 16 year old dtr and her enjoyment of cruise was vastly improved by presence of 4 other teens at our table for 12.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 09:54 AM

I would expect my 15 year old to wear a dress or a dressy pantsuit. It's a formal night so if she's not dressed accordingly, she'll feel underdressed, you might feel foolish and those seated around you will wonder why she thinks she dressed for the Olive Garden. She needs to go shopping or borrow something from a friend. If you and she decide to forgo the dining room however, then she won't have to worry about dressing up.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 10:53 AM

Most girls her age will wear prom type dresses and many go all out and look terrific! Consignment shops and ebay are good sources for very inexpensive prom type clothing.

Consider booking Anytime Dining so that you can choose to have dinner with other families with kids her age that she may meet. It also gives you more flexibility overall.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 01:59 PM

My dtr wore a dress from a semi-formal dance (short dress) and another night wore a dressy strapless dress from her 16th birthday party. Somehow, no matter how dressed up they were, many teenage girls found flipflops to be appropriate footwear (but no one saw their feet under the dinner table and they all looked so great no one was looking at their feet)