Wedding ruined on HAL

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 02:22 PM
Tracy

Wedding ruined on HAL

I just returned from a cruise on which I got married. It was horrible. The Holland America Amsterdam should not be trusted with your memories! All of my bridesmaids flew down on Delta and then to the ship by shuttle. The problem is that the luggage was lost by the cruiseline! That means no dresses for my wedding!

Sure, I had my gown and the groom had his tux and the best men had theirs but all bridesmaids had nonmatching dresses. My pictures were totally ruined. Never trust Holland America!

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 02:24 PM
Are

If the clothing was integral to the wedding, the bridesmaids should have carried it on. Your bridesmaids were dumb and YOU were dumb for not making sure they had it. Don’t blame HAL for your dumb mistakes. Did you even have a wedding planner?

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 02:26 PM
Tired

Tracy, you sound like a catch. You husband must have enjoyed the cruise! Get over it.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 02:29 PM
tears

If your wedding was on such a fine line that it was ruined by the fact that there were "nonmatching" dresses in the photos, you need to immediately file
for a divorce, as there will be bigger problems in the future, you can be assured.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 02:52 PM
Sympathetic

Tracy, The people on this board have no sympathy whtasoever when it comes to matters like this. Why? Because they are comprised mainly of trailer trash that got their computers off the HSN.

I am very sorry to hear that your wedding was not how you wanted it to be .

These people will attack any one that doesn't throw glorious praise to the cruise line gods.

Unfortunately, the one poster although impolite was correct. Your bridesmaids should have brought them as carry-ons.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 06:01 PM
jb

Tracy,

Don't let non-matching bridesmaid dresses ruin your memories. Did you marry a wonderful man? Were your best friends there? Those are the things to focus on. I understand how you feel now but in just a few years the non-matching dresses will not matter!

JB

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 11:02 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Tracy,

Sorry to hear of ooyour dilemma but how do yhou know it was the cruise that lost your luggage and not Delta. With the massive amount of luggage being lost or delayed by the airlines I would guess it was Delta.
Take a look at the "search" tags when you finally get your luggage.

Paul