WDW excursions and extras

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 08:59 AM
julie

WDW excursions and extras

I already posted this but it seems to have disappeared. Sorry for the duplication if the first message reappears. <BR> <BR>I have two questions: <BR> <BR>1) what shore excursions are offered on the WDW 7 day cruise? Which have you taken and which do you recommend? <BR> <BR>2) Is there an additional fee to attend the wine tastings or high tea while on the ship? If so, what is the fee? <BR> <BR>Thank you for your help. <BR> <BR>FYI I am going on the cruise with my 8 yr old daughter. We both enjoy museums, plantation tours, and other cultural activities. We can go to the beach often so we are trying to do other types of shore excursions besides just hanging out building sand castles.

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 11:41 AM

to top

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Lynn

I booked a cruise with Disney also. I was told that I would get a list of excursions in the mail but haven't seen it yet. <BR><BR>Can anyone tell me what type of optional excursions they have. Also, is it easy to arrange for your own excursions once you hit port and disembark?

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 11:56 AM
Paul Therault

Your travel agent can get the shore excursion info for you.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 02:09 PM
Lynn

<BR>We went on the 7 day WDW cruise in early March. It was a blast. We can't wait to go again. We went on a butterfly farm excursion in St. Maarten.<BR>It was fun but it was about a 45 minute bus ride there. We went shopping in the afternoon. Our kids stayed on the ship while we went shopping. They really enjoyed the kids activities. On St. Thomas we went to the beach on St. John's. It is supposed to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. We were very disappointed. It was crowded and the beach was not very wide so it was wall to wall people. Again we went shopping in the afternoon. Very similiar to St Maarten.<BR> <BR>You should receive a brochure listing the excursions when you receive your tickets. However the brochure varied slightly than what was actually offered. Some of the other excursions in St Maarten include snorkeling, sailing on a catamaran, scuba diving, and a ride on a semi-submarine. <BR><BR>In St Thomas you can do some of the same type of activities in addition to horse back riding, ride on a seaplane, golf, bike, visit Coral World(an underwater observatory)or take an island tour. Both islands offer a Submarine ride which sells out fast.<BR><BR>We did not do any of the wine tastings and cannot remember if you pay extra. I believe that high tea is 5.00 extra. Tea with Wendy Darling is offered for kids. This is free but you do need tickets. Just watch your personal navigator(delivered nightly) for when these are given out. <BR><BR>If you are interested in eating at Palo's (the adult Restaurant) you need to make reservations when you arrive on board. You can make reservations for high tea at the same time.<BR><BR>Hope this was helpful. A shore Excursion Presentation is given before the shipleaves on Saturday.