Two rooms or Suite for travel with teens

Mar 21st, 2001, 12:46 PM
sdonald

Two rooms or Suite for travel with teens

We are planning a cruise with two 17 year olds, a 12 year old, Mom, and Dad. Options for rooms to sleep this many include suites or 2 rooms. Any suggestions?? We could also use suggestions on cruise lines where the teens would be happy. Our trip would probably be Caribbean or Alaska. We travel upper class to deluxe. We are just in the planning stage and don't have travel dates yet. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Mar 22nd, 2001, 08:12 PM
Pudgey

Try working with your travel agent. There are several ships that have suites with a connecting regular staterooms. You will have your privacy and the kids will have they're own space, with accessiblity to keep an eye on the younger one. The destination is up to you, but I think the kids would have lots more fun in a warmer climate, there are so many things to do on deck for them when the weather is warmer.
Any good cruise consultant should be able to tell you which ships (and I think most of them do) offer connecting suites to regular staterooms.

Apr 25th, 2001, 01:25 PM
maggie

On our last cruise (Sun Princess - Panama Canal) we booked two inside cabins side by side. Our children are 13 & 14. It was perfect! This way you get TWO bathrooms and double the closet space. It made for a very enjoyable and civilised family holiday.

Apr 25th, 2001, 04:12 PM
aaa

Book either 2 inside rooms side by side or 2 outside rooms side by side--put all 3 kids in 1 room and put yourself and husband in other room--BUT when you register w/cruise line make sure 1 parent is in each room--then switch rooms when you get on board. Must be 1 adult in each room per cruise rules.--then enjoy your privacy

Apr 26th, 2001, 07:25 AM
John

Royal Caribbean newer ships have what they call family suites which are basically two cabins in interconnecting access but only one outside door. These are very handy for teenagers as you can tell what time they are getting in at night.

Suites are also nice, but you would have to have a rollaway set up each night for the fifth person.

AS for which cruise - what do you like to do - water sports (scuba, snorkel), adventure (glacier climbing, bear watching) - that will tell you where to go.

Apr 28th, 2001, 03:24 AM
Looking

I am in a similar situation. I have a 12 year old and 15 year old. Anymore ideas? Thanks for the question.