Search

Travel agency

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 1999, 01:21 PM
Bobbie

Travel agency

We are about to book a cruise from a travel agency on the web which we know nothing about. Can anyone tell me how to check them out? Thank you.

Old Jan 2nd, 1999, 09:32 PM
Denise

Bobbie, <BR> Ask the agency to verify who they are. <BR>Get their name, address, and phone number (both Local and Toll Free). Call the Better Business Bureau to see if they have any complaints. If you are booking a cruise make sure they are CLIA (Cruise Line International Association) Members and get a photocopy of their CLIA Certificate and their CLIA Number. You can also get the phone number and call CLIA directly to see if they are really members. <BR> <BR>Denise Blackmore <BR>CruiseShipCenters

Old Jan 16th, 1999, 11:36 PM
Paul

Hi Bobbie, <BR>Now that you are doing all this checking and spending all this money to see if the web travel agent is accredited, is it worth the money you save??? <BR>Also, are you getting the correct info when you write them with your 40 questions? What happens if you get stuck in an airport? What happens if your web travel agent goes bankrupt? Are they insured and bonded? Wow, look at all the negatives!!! <BR>For heaven's sake. BOOK WITH A REAL TRAVEL AGENT. Any travel agent. <BR> <BR>Paul Therault <BR>Affordable Cruises and Travel <BR>Bethlehem, CT <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 19th, 1999, 09:51 PM
Elaine

Hi, Bobbie, <BR>Denise is absolutely right. Do your homework, and you can save tons on your next cruise. I felt a little shaky about booking a cruise with an agency on the net, but they turned out to be for-real, and they saved me 50% over the best quote I could get from local "real" travel agents. ( And local agencies can go belly-up, too.) Check out the credentials of ANY agency you're thinking about booking with. <BR>

Old Feb 16th, 1999, 08:57 PM
Louise

Hi Bobbie, <BR>I too booked a cruise thru the internet which i will be going on in June '99. I have found that my price through the net were more competitive than the local agents and my agent is the nicest and most helpful person. I would love to meet her. I did my homework, but had i used a local agent I would have done the same. Enjoy your cruise.