Reload this Page >

Transportation fm Ft.Laundale to Mimia Port

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 07:16 AM
Sylvia

I requested my agent to book the transfer for 5 people fm Ft. Laundale airport to the Miami Port. After I found out that the charge did not show up on my visa statment, I called my agent to confirm the transfer booking. She told me that they forgot to do it, and it is too late to book it because it requires 14 day advance to book the transfer.<BR><BR>Would anyone please advice me what is the best way to get transportation to the port in a economic way. We have 5 people and 5 pieces of luggages.<BR><BR>Thank you

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 09:26 AM
Sylvia

Sorry, I spelled Ft. Lauderdale wrong.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 10:14 AM
Anne

There is a shuttle bus which will take you from FLL to the port. I can't remember the name, but I think if you do a search of the Ft Lauderdale airport site, you'll find info. No reservations are necessary and it should be cheaper than transfers through the cruiseline.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 10:30 AM
Anne

I found some info<BR><BR>floridalimo.com<BR><BR>Or call 1-800-244-8252 or email at [email protected]<BR><BR>You can check prices and make reservations online at their website. Looks like about $75 for 5 people.<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 11:56 AM
Lew

I keep hearing that a TA will work for your interests and that's a reason to use them. Hmmmm &quot;She told me that they forgot to do it, and it is too late to book it because it requires 14 day advance to book the transfer.&quot;<BR><BR>Your TA surely went the extra mile for you.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:19 AM
xxx

Lewoo Sylvia's agent is correct- it does take 14 days-- as the transfer people do not work for the cruise line- they are contracted and it has something to do with their getting their lists together etc-- same thing happened to us in Europe cruise....<BR><BR>But it is not hard to find transportation to and from the pier-- Just make sure you book the RETURN and allow yourself plenty of time to get from Miami to FT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT , as it is currently &quot;season&quot; and traffic is Horrendous!! It is normally about a 30 min,drive-- but allow yourselves at least 1 hr drive time....

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 01:29 AM
Andy

Sky Limo<BR>954-761-8607 --- 800-771-7493<BR>Experience Greater Fort Lauderdale, the &quot;Venice of America&quot; from the air. Planes depart from Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport.<BR><BR>You can try these people and see if their price is lower

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:01 AM
Andy

Here is a list of LIMO SERVICES in Ft Lauderdale:<BR><BR>Taxi/Limo Services ..Tri-County Transportation <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..A Better Limousine Service <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..A-1 Limousines, Ltd. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Aventura Limousine &amp; Transportation Service, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Black Tie Limousine of the Palm Beaches, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..British Limousine Service <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Broward Limousine &amp; Airport Service, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..The Calling Station <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Carey Limousine Florida, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Central Park Limousine Service <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Christyna's Florida Tours &amp; Shuttle <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..City Limousine Service, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Club Limousine Service <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Dolphin Limousine Service, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Dolphin Tours &amp; Transportation, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..E.M.V. Van Service, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Elegant Limousine Services, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Gold Coast Limousine Service, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Gray Line Daytona Beach <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Gray Line Miami <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Highway Coach Company <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Klassy Coach Limousines <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..P&amp;S Transportation, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Royal Limousines <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Shortway Lines of Florida, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..South Florida Trolley Company <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Specialized Travel Systems, Inc. <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Travalco USA <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Travelers Truste <BR>Taxi/Limo/Bus Services ..Uptown Limousine Service, Inc. <BR><BR>I got them from the following website:<BR><BR>http://www.seaportsinfo.com/pebizd.html<BR>

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 06:32 AM
Lew

Hey, xxx ([email protected], &quot;Lewoo Sylvia's agent is correct- it does take 14 days--&quot;That's not my point.<BR><BR>It is the RESPONSIBILITY of the TA to do a proper job....which this one obviously did not. So instead of &quot;making good,&quot; i.e. providing transportation, they just waved their arms and sat on their butts.<BR><BR>My last dealing with a TA was when one booked me a plane to Rochester, MN and I wanted to go to Rochester, NY. Taught me these people just don't care.<BR>