Transfer Heathrow Airport to Dover Return

Apr 10th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

Transfer Heathrow Airport to Dover Return

We are having a hard time finding a reasonably priced transfers from Heathrow to Dover and return. Because we plan to fly into Heathrow the night before the cruise, the cruiseline says we cannot just meet at the airport the next day to catch the transfer, we have to go all the way into London and catch a transfer from there. We had planned to stay at a hotel near the airport. Any suggestions!!!
Apr 10th, 2004, 07:21 PM

Just take the train to Dover. I don't remember all the details. If you go to the Europe travel talk site, it is very active, ask the question there you will get specific directions or other ideas. Several years ago we did take the train to Dover and caught the Hoverspeed across the channel so I know it can be done and it was easy to do. I just don't remember the details. Good luck. What cruise are you taking? We're coming into Dover on May 13th on the Norwegian Dream.
Apr 12th, 2004, 08:50 AM

Hi,We had no problem meeting at airport,last year. Here is what we did. We purchased transfer before leaving,they wanted flight info,gave the date of arrival same as cruise start. Most flights from US arrive about the same time each day. Just check on Airline web page for time of arrival on the date in question, should have no problem, since they meet you after you go thru customs. Give that a try, PS, we sailed on Princess, may not work on other line. Good luck.
Sandy
Apr 12th, 2004, 11:11 AM

Hi,again. I forgot this is web site for transfer company.www.airportcruisetransfer.com we have used them for other transfer.give them a try, if you can't work things out with the ship.
Sandy
Apr 12th, 2004, 04:52 PM

http://www.airportcruisetransfers.com/

This is who I booked with. Their website is great because it gives you the exact fare on the site without needing to email. You can book online as well and they'll send you a confirmation voucher to hand to the driver.
Apr 12th, 2004, 09:46 PM

Forgot to add that from our experience, the transfers offered by the cruiselines are outrageously expensive.
Apr 13th, 2004, 10:10 AM

Two years age we took a National Express bus from London to Southhampton and later returned to Heathrow. It was the least expensive. This we will probably use the bus from London to Dover then back to Heathrow. Unfortunately to get to or from Dover you have to change at London.
https://www.nationalexpress.com/