Towels and Shampoo?

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Sylvia

Towels and Shampoo?

I will be cruise on Triumph in April. Will the cruise ship supplies towels and shampoo? Do I have to bring hair dryer?<BR><BR>Should I pick early sitting or late sitting dining.<BR><BR>Do they still have midnigth buffet?<BR><BR>Thank you!<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Thank you!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Sally

Towels and shampoo are supplied. Definitely late seating that way you are not rushed when you return to the ship. Besides late seating is perfect for the beginning of the evening.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Sylvia,<BR><BR>Shampoo is supplied (unless they run out). You can always get a pack at the purser's office.<BR><BR>All dining times on Carnival are waitlisted. These are the times: First 5:45 or 6:30PM. Late 8:00 or 8:45PM. All luck of the draw. Once you get onboard take a look at your "sail and sign" card and if the times are not to your liking immediately call (do not go to purser's office and wait in line) and ask where the maitre d' is located. Also ask where on the deck he is (forward or aft). Only one in party need go. One positive about Carnival is that they match you will others your age. Couples, couples with children, singles.<BR><BR>Towels are changed twice a day and hair dryer is supplied.<BR><BR>They have themed buffets every night and one grand buffet.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:06 AM
Sylvia

Thank you for your replies.<BR><BR>Do I have enough time to catch the show if we were assiged to the late sitting dining?<BR><BR>When I book my cruise, the agent recommemded me to book for early sitting. <BR><BR>Thanks again!!

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:08 AM
Gail

Most cruises have two shows--one for early seating diners and one for late seating.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 10:29 PM
Paul Therault

Gail is correct, all cruise lines schedule shows around the dining times. <BR><BR>Your TA should have explained the pros and cons of early/late seatings.<BR><BR>If you travel with young children you should schedule the early but then again there will be quite a few children in the dining rooms.<BR><BR>A drawback to early seating is if you book tours you may not get back until shortly before the early seating and you will have to rush to shower and change. This makes your vacation very hectic. You can, of course eat in the buffet but I would not advise eating too many times in the buffet. A buffet is a buffet. Dining room food is much better and the choices are varied.<BR><BR>If you eat late you can take your time dressing. You can grab a snack, nap or take a swim.<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR><BR>Paul

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 07:32 PM
sammy

A hair dryer is provided in the abins. Midnight buffets aren't what they used to be. Only one night do they put on the Gala Buffet which is food art and as good to look at as to eat.

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:55 PM
Reyna

How about shampoo and hair dryers on RCCL Splendour of the Seas?

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Paul Therault

Yes Reyna all RCCL ships have hair dryers, shampoo, conditioner, soap.<BR><BR>Paul