Tahitian Princess Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2007, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which airlines are used? Is it better to stay overnight in LAX to avoid jet lag? What can you do near LAX during layover? What times are flight...morning or night?
Any experiences will help. Thank-you.
Old Apr 22nd, 2007, 09:56 AM

Air Tahiti Nui flies directly to Papeete from LAX. We took them last summer. I don't know if an overnight will aid jet lag. it couldn't hurt and it will surely break up a long journey depending on where you are connecting from. We left LAX in the evening. lete, and arrive late the same day, around 2330. It was about a 7.5 hrs. flight IIRC.
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:45 AM

We wnt on this cruise many years ago..just loved it. We flew to LAX and did overnight. YOu certainly feel more rested. We stayed at the the Sofatel Hotel.. It is an european chain and it is across the Beverly ill's shopping mall. You can walk to Jerry"s deli and have a great breakfast. We even took sandwiched on board. Air Tahiti wa a great flight. enjoy.. Make sure you take rubber shoes for the water as there are rocks...
Old May 9th, 2007, 02:26 PM

I went to the FP Islands several years ago on the Paul Gauguain from Florida and we were put up at the Hilton Hotel near LAX for the night. It really helped break up the trip. There isn't anything worth seeing near LAX but it's just a short taxi ride to Manhattan Beach with lots of shops, restaurants and beach. Not sure what hotel Princess uses but I'm sure your TA can find out.
Old May 15th, 2007, 02:41 AM

A lot of my friends have booked Princess air from LA and booked their own air to LA and have spent the night the night before.
Old May 15th, 2007, 06:21 AM

If you're flying from the East Coast, doesn't the cruise line pay for the overnight in LA as part of the fare? This is how they did for me several years ago.
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:01 AM

I guess we're in the minority. I strongly believe in "biting the bullet" and flying directly to Tahiti without an overnight in LA. We live on the East Coast. We've done it both ways. We slept miserably at the Hilton, hearing the planes at LAX all night. We'd rather recover from jet lag by the pool in Papeete than waste time in LA, where there is nothing to see.
Old May 17th, 2007, 03:57 PM

Wow Dreps that is biting the bullet! Thats one long flight to be sure though I must say I can see your point.