Search

TA Booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Anne

TA Booking

I called my travel agent for cruise prices and the cost of car rentals to and from port. This is very early in the planning stages, which she knew. Apparently, she booked the car without me knowing and left a message telling me if I didn't get back to her soon regarding my plans I was responsible for the cost of the car which she had no authority from me to book. (I haven't even decided where I'm crusing yet!!!) Am I being over sensitive or is it time to start looking for a new TA?

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 02:54 PM
xxx

Start looking! TA's normally reserve a car on a courtesy hold only. If you did not give her your credit card number don't even worry about it. Why not check out prices yourself online? So many good sites with great prices!

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 03:27 PM
Theresa

I can see her "reserving something for a week" as a courtesy but not what she did.<BR><BR>I would call her and straighten things out. If that doesn't work - switch agents.

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 11:59 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Anne,<BR><BR>Domestic rental car companies do not take credit cards until you arrive. They will reserve a car in your name.<BR><BR>FYI: I would hesitate to book Alamo or National at this time since they just went into Receivership. They are still operating.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 07:49 AM
Bill

Is this a new TA for you or does this person have your CC #? Either way, get a new agent but first check the "real" price of a cruise right now online. That way if you opt to use a local travel agent you will be up on the current price of the cruise you choose. Good Luck

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 07:59 AM
Anne

Yes, she is new to me and thank goodness, no, she does not have my credit card number (which is why I wonder why I would be charged). I don't really trust her and after doing some checking around, her price was one of the higher ones. She was very pushy and being new to cruising I don't want to rush into anything so I'm learning as I go thanks to a lot of helpful people on this site.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 10:15 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Anne,<BR><BR>Some travel agents do hire employees that are not experienced. If a travel agent is not answering your questions to your satisfaction talk to the owner of the agency.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 01:20 AM
MH

Can her like a tuna!!and do some online research and then find a reputable ta, if you decide you need one. I would also file a written complaint with the agency and your local BBB. As her action were a bit presumptious not to mention just plain disturbing. Have fun on your cruise.