Search

Cruisenews

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Paul Therault

Cruisenews

<BR>P&O Princess and Royal Caribbean International agreed to merge in the 2nd quarter of 2002. This will create the world's largest cruise line. There will be 41 ships in the fleet with another 14 vessels on order.<BR><BR>Celebrity will port the Galaxy in Baltimore next March and April. It will offer alternating eastern and western 10 and 11 night cruises to the Caribbean.<BR><BR>Carnival Holiday will port the Holiday in Mobile AL in March. March 2nd a two day cruise, March 4th, a 5 day cruise and March 9th, a 6 day cruise to the western Caribbean.<BR><BR>Canyon Ranch will operate the spa, beauty salon and fitness facilities aboard the Cunard QE2 in December of 2003. Canyon Ranch is now negotiating construction of 2 new ships to be built in Norway.<BR><BR>ANC Rental Corporation, parent of Alamo Rental Car and National Car Rental filed for bankruptcy under Chapter 11. The company will continue to operate under the reorganization.<BR><BR>EXA International of Deerfield Beach acquired the Premier Rembrandt. It will keep the Rembrandt name and will market the vessel under the brand name Cruiseshares.

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 09:13 AM
GEORGE S.

Paul: I assume the merge is related to cutting costs. So what happens to the plan to build 14 more ships? Are they really going ahead with this? Seems as if they are building a porch on a burning house. Just my opinion !!

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 11:02 AM
Michael

Paul,<BR><BR>I think you meant to say that Canyon Ranch will be operating the spa/salon facilities on the new Queen Mary 2 (QM 2) , which decbuts in late 2003.<BR><BR>Michael<BR>NYC

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Paul Therault

Hi George,<BR><BR>I am just guessing that since Royal Caribbean is not exceeding profit expections a new influx of money will get their newbuilds out on schedule as planned since they just delayed the next two newbuilds a few weeks ago.<BR><BR>The merger will also reduce their marketing and purchasing costs.<BR><BR>I am positive these doldrums the companies are all experiencing will not continue . Things are picking up on my end.<BR><BR>Paul<BR>

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 04:21 PM
Paul Therault

You are correct Michael. I am glad you are around to pick up on my errors.<BR><BR>M fingers were typing faster than my brain.<BR><BR>The Quenn Mary 2 is the correct ship.<BR><BR>Thanks, Paul<BR><BR>