Suggestions for walking around Capri?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are just going to walk around Carpi for a day in a little over a week (Aug 19th). Any suggestions on where to go, how to get there, where to eat? We dock in Naples and will take the ferry over. Thanks!
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 08:29 PM

Lucky!!!! It has been many years since I've been there and others more recently knowledgeable can chime in.... I did the blue grotto tour which was great, a fantastic hike with a stop at a simple restaurant along the way which was the best spaghetti pomodoro I've ever had. It is a gorgeous place; i remember thinking I'd tuck it away for a future honeymoon.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 06:49 AM

An enjoyable walk is the one to the one time home of Tiberius at one end of the island. You pass some beautiful homes and hillsides on the way. It is not difficult and takes about 45 minutes one way. There are other hikes to viewpoints that are attractive also. Lots of good restaurants.
By the way, unlike the last poster we found the Blue Grotto tour to be a tourist trap. You pay to take a boat there and then you pay again to a boatsman to go into the cave. In my opinion, not worth it just to see some blue glow on the water. It would be a long hike to get there from where the Naples ferry lets you off.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM

Your might want to check this out. Via Krupp
http://www.premier.net/~Italy/krupp.htm
Great walk, great views, something most folks don't bother with.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 11:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Click on my name for my S. Italy TR including two Capri walks. I'd go for the one with the view of the islands rather than Tiberius' villa. Capri is absolutely gorgeous, once you get away from the two towns and the shops and the hordes of people.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 11:22 AM

the blue grotto probably is very touristy. As a tourist, I remembered it, that's all. The highlight was the hike/walk and my lunch during it. It is a gorgeous island.
Old Aug 14th, 2009, 08:13 PM

You can take a little open top taxi to Anacapri at the top and walk down. There's a lovely restaurant up there with an outdoor patio and great seafood.