Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

St Maarten - is the America's Cup Sailing Regatta excursion worth the cost?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Pat

We're looking at booking our tours for our upcoming cruise on the Adv. of the Seas. One excursion that interested us was the America's Cup Sailing Regatta in St. Maarten. However, it's only 3 hours long but costs $84 per person - $168 total for us! Is this excursion worth it?

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Seahorse

Never did it myself, but have talked to people who have. They all thought it was great and worth the bucks.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 11:53 AM
elaine

Pat,<BR>We've taken America's Cup Sailing Regatta twice! My subjective opinion: one of the best Caribbean ship excursions. On past cruises, never heard any negatives. The excursion is worth the price.<BR>

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Rhea

Yes it's well worth the price if you love sailing. My husband, a small boat winning racer, sailed twice and was enthralled w/the experience. Especially when they got some good winds & could go out on a reach. And, altho there is a ample crew you can participate if you wish.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 07:17 PM
cd

Pat<BR>Could you give some more information on the America's Cup Sailing Regatta in St Maarten? When is it? What cruise are you on? Share exactly what is givin to you please.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 02:23 AM
Pat

The America's Cup Sailing Regatta is an excursion offered from Royal Caribbean out of St. Maarten. We will be on the Adv. of the Seas, but, they probably offer it with any other ships that dock there as well. It's a 3 hour excursion that allows you to sail with a crew from a boat that previously participated in the America's Cup race. You can choose to participate in the sailing of the boat or just sit back and relax. No sailing experience required. The cost is $84 per person.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:56 PM
cd

Thanks Pat<BR>We are sailors so I wanted to hear what that was all about. If you have good winds, that will be a great experience!! Have you ever sailed before? If not, just know that with good winds, you will heel. You will not turn over and 3hrs will be plenty. Have a great time!!