Reload this Page >

Sovereign - Bahamas 4 day

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 02:21 PM
Stewart

I'm planning to book this cruise for a superior ocean view room.(1 15 yr old) My dates restrict me from choosing other options for ships or destinations. I have seen very mixed revies. Previously been on Majesty, Legend and Empress. All have done the job for me. Ports are of little importance since we want to relax mainly. Please advise if any comments. Thank you Stewart

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 05:17 PM
Liz

Stewart: My 11 year old and I went on that cruise last March. I, too, was concerned, since the reviews were very mixed. We had a wonderful time! Had plenty of activities for my child as well as for his mom. Had great service from our room steward, dining room, etc. We still talk about it! This April we're going on the Golden Princess for a week. Relax, and take the bad reviews with a grain of salt!

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 08:01 PM
xman

Please choose again. I can tell you from personal experience to keep an eye on your teenager. I asked the stewards to remvoe two children from the nightclub that were clearly under 16 and he replied he didn't want to start any trouble becuse they were drinking with their parents. Mum and Dad were not to bright.

Old Oct 21st, 2002, 10:56 PM
Paul Therault

Absolutly, dimwitted adults believe that the family that drinks together, stays together.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 05:24 PM
linda

The Sovereign is getting old, the food bland and the service spotty. Entertainment not up to par. I agree about ports- not important if the ship keeps me happy, but this one is a downer. The gym is adequate, but the cruise is second-rate. You can do better at a resort in Cayman for 4 days!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 07:50 AM
xman

Nicely put Linda.