Reload this Page >

Slamming Balcony Doors!

Search

Slamming Balcony Doors!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 05:51 AM
Frank

Slamming Balcony Doors!

Was it just this ship (Carnival Victory) or is the sound of slamming balcony doors common? The balcony doors slammed shut unless you held them and of course nobody does. We could clearly hear the balcony doors slamming from surrounding cabins. Unfortunately this was frequently late at night and early in the morning. <BR> <BR>Has anyone else experienced this problem on this or other ships. We were up on the Verandah deck and were wondering if the extra cost for a balcony was worth it considering the disruptions.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 07:45 PM
April

I've only taken two cruises, with Holland America and Celebrity. I didn't hear a balcony door slam on either ship.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 09:03 PM
XXX

Oh gosh! Now everyone is going to say that this just happens on Carnival!!!

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 10:14 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Frank, <BR> <BR>I talked to Joe Farcus about this some time ago and he stated the balcony doors on all Carnival ships have a large spring that makes the door difficult to open and may slam shut. The reason for this is due to the many toddlers that sail Carnival. <BR> <BR>This is one family that was guilty. My wife yelled at me and the kids many times. Sorry. <BR> <BR>Paul <BR>

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Frank

Paul: Thanks for the info, it makes sense regarding the children but annoying nonetheless. Paul I know you take a bad rap on this board but I think your contribution to this forum is priceless. Keep up the good work and don't let the naysayers ward you off this forum. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 12:46 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Thanks Frank. I do stay away from the captions that end up sounding like a teenage chat room. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 06:02 PM
Sleeper

Bring earplugs. You should always travel with earplugs.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 09:56 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Sleeper, <BR> <BR>Could you please tell me when a person inserts earplugs can he/she hear a fire alarm? Just curious. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 11:34 AM
Sleeper

I hope so, I'm sure the steward will check each room if that was the case, they do have a key. I prefer to be well rested for my shore excursions than to be woken up every couple of minutes during the night.