SEATTLE-SEATTLE HOLLAND AMERICA LINE

Apr 25th, 2007, 09:36 PM
Original Poster

SEATTLE-SEATTLE HOLLAND AMERICA LINE

We are planning a cruise in Sept.

Can anyone please tell me of their expperience, thoughts, and comments regarding the quality of the cruise?

thanks in advance.
Apr 28th, 2007, 08:24 AM

After the first week of Sept, can have the worse potential for weather, so if sailing this timeframe, be well prepared in your attire. Also be aware of dusk, it's at 7pm 2nd and 3rd week, keep this in mind with shore plans.

HAL is a wonderful line to sail, enjoy Alaska.
Apr 30th, 2007, 08:53 AM

I agree that HAL is a wonderful cruise line, very service oriented and an exellent choice for Alaska.

I also agree that September is not the best month to cruise in Alaska. Of my 6 cruises there, September was a bust with rain - heavy rain - every single day preventing us from enjoying excursions.
Apr 30th, 2007, 12:06 PM
katybird

We cruised Alaska the first 11 days of Sept 2005. Had drizzly rain one day in Skagway but otherwise very pleasant weather..just needed a sweat shirt or fleece. We are from the NE so it seemed like typical fall weather to us. Go prepared with layers and rain gear. If price is a factor it will be less than the summer months.Noordam has an excellent itineray...would go again in a heartbeat!

Apr 30th, 2007, 05:49 PM

Well, yes, it can rain in September in the Pacific Northwest and Inside Passage, but it can also be beautiful fall weather. But, just pack clothes for all possible weather conditions - jacket, raincoat, sweaters or fleece, good waterproof shoes or boots, with a tee shirt and you'll be ready for the weather.

Holland America is an outstanding cruise line - beautiful ships, all newly refurbished with the most wonderful new beds and pillows. The service is amazing - the dining stewards remember your name and how you like your meat, or your coffee...after the first evening. Holland America is a wonderful cruise experience and you've chosen a beautiful destination.

Consider a balcony stateroom! Look to see the clouds "playing" on the mountains north of Vancouver - this area looks very much like the Norwegian fjords. The Queen Charlotte Islands are beautiful and the scenery is spectacular.

Best Regards,
Julia