Notices

Royal Caribbean or Disney?

Jan 3rd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Original Poster

Royal Caribbean or Disney?

I have 3yo and 8yo girls and I'm thinking about booking a crusie on RCCL. I've been on a Disney cruise before which was outstanding and I'm wondering what differences I will see. My biggest concern will be the kids programs. RCCL really seems to advertise that they are family friendly. Does anyone have any feedback on their kids programs on RCCL? I was also wondering about the flexibility those programs will have where both of my daughters can be in the same "kids club".
Any feedback would be grateful.
Jan 3rd, 2009, 11:28 AM

Most likely you'll notice lower level of service and food on RCCL vs. Disney. Their kids programs are very good, and Voyager or Freedom class ships offer more stuff like ice skating rink, water park. i think kids will be happy. Not sure what the ages for different groups are, best is to check with RCCL.
Jan 15th, 2009, 03:20 PM

You probably can't compare any other cruise ship's kids programs to Disney's However, among the other ships, RCCL and Princess are the only ones I can attest to, Royal caribbean comes out on top big time. I have also heard that compared to the other shops, RCCL has the best kids programs. We have taken our kids on RCCL and princess twice each, and the kids 8 and 5 year old now, love RCCL hands down.

Heading out on the Norweigan Pearl in March for spring break and we heard thay have OK kids programs.

Jan 18th, 2009, 10:49 AM

I agree with the other posters. RCCL cannot compare with Disney when it comes to kids programs and service. But if you were to take Disney out of the mix, then RCCL has the best kids programs on the ocean (IMHO, with Princess a close second). You are not going to just drop off your kid to play video games or watch a movie for a few hours, they have a lot of activities planned for the kids and my daughter loved each and every nights planned activities. Plus you need to check the web site. I think that they have age groups, in the kids programs. So check to see if your two little ones will be together or separate.
Jan 22nd, 2009, 08:53 AM

I have not sailed on Disney, but I have on Royal Caribbean & Carnival. Both had excellent kids activities. Our children are older now. RC does divide the children into age groups based on their age at SAIL DATE. Your 2 girls would not be in the same group. They are fairly strict about this as the activities for the different ages are geared toward safe activities for that age group. Ages 3 -5; Ages 6-8; Ages 9-11; Your youngest will have to be potty-trained to participate. You can check www.royalcaribbean.com for more info. On some sailings, if there are very few children, they will combine 2 age groups and gear the activities toward the middle.

On our most recent cruise in Dec., when the ship was at sea, I saw my 12-year-old at dinner. ;-) She was busy, busy, busy with activities all day and into the late evening hours.

Search this Thread